Deco M5 and 2.4 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 and 2.4 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and 2.4 GHz
2020-05-15 23:33:47
yes I did, and I lost complete access to the wifi. Only 5Ghz works. It's a hardware problem. by the way, I need the two wifi band working... TP-Link some comment?
Options
Re:Deco M5 and 2.4 GHz
2020-05-16 00:34:29

@jmff Hmm. Worked for me. Had to install a couple smart plugs and switches, turned the 5G off, and my devices saw the 2.4 no problem. While I did that, my TV and Sonos system which usually uses 5G used the 2.4G and never hiccuped.

Options
This is not a DHCP nor blscklist issue
2022-02-21 22:12:00

@autefrum To turn off 5ghz in the TP Deco, select the "More" option in the lower right hand corner of the app main screen, then select Wifi, and you'll see toggles for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz options.  You can simply slide the toggle for 5Ghz to the left and you'll just be broadcasting in 2.4Ghz, which should create the basis for connecting 2.4Ghz-only devices.  I've used this for light switches and other wifi devices, and it appears they continue to maintain connectivity even after the 5Ghz option is re-enabled.

Options