RE450 issues with 5G connection to Verizon Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-23 13:30:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : RE450 (AC1750)
Hardware Version : RE450 v2.0
Firmware Version : 1.0.4 Build 20171220
ISP: Verizon Fios

I recently purchased and received the RE450 range extender. After several attempts to set up the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals, the device will not connect to the 5GHz signal on my Verizon Quantum Gateway (dual band) router. I attempted both the manual (method one) and WPS (method two) setups, updated the device firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, reset the device, and rebooted the router, all to no avail. The router's 5G signal is active and recognized by my cellphone and iPad. Any suggestions on what to do with getting the device to connect to the router's 5G signal?

Thanks,
Mike Lindsay
Fairfax, VA
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450 issues with 5G connection to Verizon Router
2020-02-09 15:37:40

@LindsayMJ 

LindsayMJ wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : RE450 (AC1750)
Hardware Version : RE450 v2.0
Firmware Version : 1.0.4 Build 20171220
ISP: Verizon Fios

I recently purchased and received the RE450 range extender. After several attempts to set up the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals, the device will not connect to the 5GHz signal on my Verizon Quantum Gateway (dual band) router. I attempted both the manual (method one) and WPS (method two) setups, updated the device firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, reset the device, and rebooted the router, all to no avail. The router's 5G signal is active and recognized by my cellphone and iPad. Any suggestions on what to do with getting the device to connect to the router's 5G signal?

Thanks,
Mike Lindsay
Fairfax, VA

I had exactly the same problem and router as you. Go to the router page and change the channel that is currently being used for 5GHz. You'll need to change the channel assignment from automatic to manual, and then select a particular channel. Better stick to channels in the range 36-48 or 149-165.

Refer to this FAQ for details: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1314/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3004

Replies: 1