How to change email address on kasa account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to change email address on kasa account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Re:Re:How to change email address on kasa account
2021-06-10 17:13:32

@l33tpmp 

I wish I had an answer.  I agree that it seems being able to change your email attached to the account should be a option. Right now it is not.  But I will forward this request up again to the PMs. 

Options
2021-06-25 19:51:09

@Carl In post #17 you said,

Carl wrote

@Faja4x 

Right now the only way to really do this is to delete all of the devices off the orginal account.  Sign in to the new account and the account should "find" preconfigured devices and ask if you would like to add them.  If this doesn't work let us know by Tagging Carl, Ryan or Tony to your reply.

I want to make sure that I understand this correctly before doing anything. Are these the steps to change the associated email address?

1. Delete all my devices (7 smart plugs in my case) from my current account.
  2. Create a new account with the new email address.
  3. Log into new account.
  4. The app will now find the my smart plugs without me having to go up to each one, resetting it to factory settings and adding again through the set up routine.
  5. On finding them, I just add them to the new account.

Does this sound correct? I'm thinking specifically of #4 which would be the most time consuming if I have to go through the reset/add routine.

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-28 18:25:47

@DavidWJ 

Hello David.  As i understand it, yes that is how it should work.  Truthfully I have only tested it personally removing and adding a pre-configured device to the same kasa account, but i have been told by the software team it should work the same way. 

Options
2021-06-29 00:26:36
Great. Thank you Carl.
Options
2021-08-17 23:18:42
Is this ever going to be added? It's crazy and unacceptable that the development team cannot implement such an important feature such as changing your email considering this thread was created in 2018. They've had at least 3 years to figure it out. Some of us have smart homes with upwards of 20-30 smart outlets and switches. Do they actually expect us to re-pair every single one of those? This is insanity. It looks really bad on the development team. Very frustrated and not impressed. It's a slap in the face and disrespectful for them to not acknowledge the necessity by now.
Options
Re:How to change email address on kasa account
2021-08-29 03:16:37

Totally agree with the need.

I am in the process of transferring dozens of accounts from to a new one that is no longer tied to any single internet provider, and TP-Link is one of the few that doesn't give this option.

TP-Link, please note:

• Banks can do it
  • Video streaming providers can do it
  • Amazon can do it
  • Cloud providers can do it
  • Shall I go on?

Please, add this fundamental feature.

Options
2021-09-12 20:56:57

@DavidWJ Did it work for you, or did you have to start from scratch?

Options
2021-09-30 21:26:22

I'd like to point out that this doesn't work at all I tried making a new account and removing one device from the other account and adding it to the new one. If you remove a device it resets it in the device and it has to be reconfigured. So if you have a lot it's going to take a while. 

Options
2021-11-01 18:15:50

@crispen 

I went through this today. When I created a new account, I had to reset all my plugs and connect them via the steps required in the Kasa app. Because I had also connected these devices to Amazon's Alexa, I had to disable the integration, then re-enable it using the new account credentials. After that, I had to reconfigure the outlet settings within the Alexa app as well as reconfigure the settings on each plug (I have 8, with four more on the way to me). Including the Chat to determine how I could change my email address, I lost two hours of my day dealing with a simple concept of changin an email address.

It is ridiculous that TP-Link cannot provide a more efficient method of changing account usernames. I'm even angrier now that I see a fix for this issue has been requested for three years.

Options
2021-11-02 23:16:40

@MiKasa 

I completely, totally, emphatically agree with you wholeheartedly MiKasa🙏!

This is a disgusting state of affairs and THREE YEARS is pathetic.. They should hang their heads in shame😡.

Options