Having issues with initial setup on Archer C7...what am I doing wrong?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-29 21:37:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[/FONT]Here's my situation:

I had an old Linksys router for years that finally died a few weeks ago. I looked up routers, found the Archer C7 which had fairly good reviews so I figured I'd try it out.

[FONT=Times New Roman]
I got it set up easily enough and it worked fine for a couple weeks, and then on Saturday I noticed my phone wasn't connected to the wifi. I went to the computer where the router was and all the lights were on on the front of the router but the internet was not working on anything, even the two computers I have connected directly to the router.

I rebooted the modem and router, but after that I could not get the router to do anything. The power light would light up on the router, sometimes it would flash, sometimes it would come on and then just go back off, but beyond that it wouldn’t do anything else and none of the other lights were on. I verified that the internet was in fact working by connecting directly to the modem, so that wasn’t the issue.
I thought maybe the router was defective so I exchanged it. Got the new one home, started initial setup via the instructions, everything looked good, except that for whatever reason my modem wasn’t completing the connection to the internet. I reset the modem and the router and then I was right back where I had been with the old router.
So currently here’s what it’s doing:

[*]If the modem is connected to the router, when I turn on the router the power light will come on, go off for a few seconds, come back on and flash, and then either stay solid or just turn off. It doesn’t do anything else and none of the other lights on.
[*]If the modem is NOT connected to the router (Ethernet cable unplugged), when I turn on the router all the lights come on normally on the router except the internet light (the planet-looking light). If I then connect the router to the modem, the internet light comes on red, but I don’t actually have any internet access as I can’t even get to the network setup screen on my browser.

This is driving me crazy, what am I doing wrong?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 0