Archer T6E will not "Enable" on Windows Server 2012

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-08 05:24:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a new Archer T6E for my server replacing an older WiFi PCIe card that came with the system hoping to improve performance. I removed the old card and removed its drivers from the system. I then performed a reboot to be sure the system "forgot" the old card. I placed the new card in the same PCIe slot and booted the system. The new card appeared in the hardware list as disabled and of unknown type. I then installed the software and drivers that came with the card. It recognized the card and installed the drivers. I then rebooted the system to have a clean start. The system came up with the card listed but "disabled". Next I went to the tp-link website and downloaded a newer version of the driver. Since the tp-link utility had installed the Windows 8.1 64 bit version of the driver from the cd, that was the upgraded driver I downloaded and installed. After seeing issues with Windows 10 drivers and since Server 2012 is a different product line I opted no to attempt an install of those drivers. After the driver upgrade it still would not enable. As a last resort I tried changing some of the settings such as power, AP Compatibility Mode, Band Preference and a few others trying to eliminate "features" which may not be supported. Nothing resolved the issue. The Windows Event Log had no clues to help me and the trouble shooter says it is a driver problem. Does anyone have a suggestion before I return this? A card that will not enable is worthless.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T6E will not "Enable" on Windows Server 2012
2018-06-04 22:47:35
In order to get mine to work, I had to NOT use TP-Link's installer.
Instead, I ran their Installer to remove the driver & then manually updated the driver to Win 8.1 X64 version.
works fine now.
- Patfo
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1527

Replies: 1