C5400 V2 Boot Loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400 V2 Boot Loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C5400 V2 Boot Loop
C5400 V2 Boot Loop
2018-02-20 08:29:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Has anyone else experienced the C5400 going into a boot loop after restarting it due to WiFi failure? I am going on my third RMA replacement for the same issue and this third one lasted all of about 6 hours before WiFi stopped responding and forced me to reboot router. Then when it tries to come up the single power LED flashed then two more and then boom a continual reboot. This thing is junk!!
Options
8 Reply
Re:C5400 V2 Boot Loop
2018-02-21 01:16:39
yes my c5400 same got this problem boot loop after wifi channel N/A

Options
2018-02-21 02:03:19

sparkflyer wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Has anyone else experienced the C5400 going into a boot loop after restarting it due to WiFi failure? I am going on my third RMA replacement for the same issue and this third one lasted all of about 6 hours before WiFi stopped responding and forced me to reboot router. Then when it tries to come up the single power LED flashed then two more and then boom a continual reboot. This thing is junk!!

Happen to me also, I'm on my second RMA, it's been stable since I received it over a month now. I've rebooted, turned off and even factory reset on numerous occasions without any problems. The previous unit did the exact thing, lost wi-fi then went into a boot loop.
Options
2018-02-22 03:43:33

RajaDaja wrote

Happen to me also, I'm on my second RMA, it's been stable since I received it over a month now. I've rebooted, turned off and even factory reset on numerous occasions without any problems. The previous unit did the exact thing, lost wi-fi then went into a boot loop.

Try this:
Unplug all cables
Move it to another power outlet
Plug it into the wall power outlet
Let it boot up
If it boots up, get a paper clip and factory reset it by depressing for 30 seconds.....Good Luck!
Options
C5400 V2 Boot Loop
2018-02-23 06:00:38

RajaDaja wrote

Try this:
Unplug all cables
Move it to another power outlet
Plug it into the wall power outlet
Let it boot up
If it boots up, get a paper clip and factory reset it by depressing for 30 seconds.....Good Luck!

I've tried everything to no avail. I did leave it sitting for over 24 hours booting over and over and finally walked into my office and all the lights were on as if it were up. I did the paper clip trick and it started the boot loop again. I really think there is some faulty hardware in the C5400.
Options
2018-02-23 23:11:18
Are you gonna RMA it? You can try the same thing this time don't do the paper clip thingy.......If you get blue lights, turn it off move it back to where it belongs turn it on connect to modem and so forth.
Options
C5400 V2 Boot Loop
2018-02-24 04:26:17

RajaDaja wrote

Are you gonna RMA it? You can try the same thing this time don't do the paper clip thingy.......If you get blue lights, turn it off move it back to where it belongs turn it on connect to modem and so forth.

Yes, they are going to send me another one. This will be my third one with the same issue. The problem is, if and when it ever comes up and you can access the router, if you do anything to it, including breathe on it, it goes back into a boot loop. This is without anything plugged into it. So if I turn it off to move it back into position, it could take hours and hours before it decides to stop boot looping and come back up. Definitely a hardware issue going on.
Options
2018-02-26 03:01:01

sparkflyer wrote

Yes, they are going to send me another one. This will be my third one with the same issue. The problem is, if and when it ever comes up and you can access the router, if you do anything to it, including breathe on it, it goes back into a boot loop. This is without anything plugged into it. So if I turn it off to move it back into position, it could take hours and hours before it decides to stop boot looping and come back up. Definitely a hardware issue going on.

sparkflyer,
It's a shame that a highly touted product as this is giving consumers so many problems. I'm just waiting for the inevitable.....4th unit for you! Wow!.... 3 units to me! How many more for all? Amazing, Any way, good luck. I'm gonna buy an emergency router for backup off the mobile buy/sell app! LOL!
Options
2019-04-17 03:54:47

Any solutions? Ive been through 3 units of the c5400 and they upgraded me to a 5400x and it is doing the same thing. All in less than 2 months. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2141

Replies: 8