How to disable the DHCP server in the TL-WPA9610

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to disable the DHCP server in the TL-WPA9610

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
46 Reply
Re:How to disable the DHCP server in the TL-WPA9610
2020-10-08 10:23:47

@Mappo Honestly I did this ten times and I also gave up to have a seamless experience, but again one of WPA acted as a gateway.

Options
2020-10-08 10:47:58

Seems I can't edit my previous post :(

The scenario I described works with two WPA on different circuits.

Adding a second WPA on the same circuit (third WPA in total) broke it again for me, using the standard procedure.

It caused the first one the circuit, or the one on the other circuit to act as gateway again.

When adding another WPA on the same circuit, pair it with the one before it, not the PA at the router.

I found this in a really old manual for similar product, not sure why it isn't there for WPA4220 product kit as it supports up to 8 or 16 or something.

Good luck peeps!

Options
2020-10-08 10:54:24

@Mappo  what do you mean by different circuit?

Options
2020-10-08 13:02:53

@nipac 

different electrical circuits in your building. Not 100% I'm using the right terminology though :)

In my case I have two WPA on one circuit and one WPA on the other. Plus however the PA joins those WPAs.

The two WPA that are in the same chain pair with each other. They are connected in serial if you will.

Options
2020-10-08 14:07:41
I have the PA connect to the router and two WPA, one on the line of 16mA and one on the 10mA line, don't know if this means two circuits, but I live in Italy, this is a common scenario.
Options
2020-11-11 12:11:17

Hi all,

I have installed a few WPA7510 pairs the last couple of weeks. Today spent some time trying to troubleshoot some issues in a school environment (old building).

Unfortunately, I discovered two things:

1) sometimes the WPA seems to dish out IP addresses, become DHCP server.

2) multiple WPA connected to the same host (adapter to modem) don't work seamlessly.

Had to Google specifically on the DHCP issue to find this forum.

I ended up updating firmware and then tried two things:

1) setup adapter to modem, plugin all three WPA's and did a reset (held button for approximately 20 seconds) then pressed pair on all devices at the same time

This resulted in all showing the 'pair' enabled. However, every connection did not have internet. (Ie the WPA's were working as DHCP server)

2) setup adapter to modem, plugin one WPA and paired that. Removed that WPA and paired the next one. Removed that WPA and then paired the third one.

This resulted in only one pair working. Then plugging them all in, showed only one set paired. The paired WPA did have working internet.

I will try to see if individual pairs (one adapter per WPA) and then all three on the same electrical network, does work.

It would be better to see TP-Link solve these issues, since I'm considering returning them.

Hope this helps anyone running into similar issues.

Best regards,

Niek.

Options
2020-11-11 12:19:49

@NiekT The problem I've found is that any seemingly-stable set-up using affected devices will eventually fail due to things like power cuts, brief internal service outages or just the actual DHCP server not replying quickly enough.

Options
2020-12-22 17:10:15

I can confirm all of the above....Having the same issues with my TL-WPA4226 Kit

Options
2021-04-14 11:12:12

Same Issue here. I use the TP Link Deco M9 system. For whatever reason when my ISP connection fails, the DECO systems get's really upset.

On that Deco network I also use a TL-WPA4220 and noticed (after banging my head against the wall for many days...) it started offer DHCP addresses in the same range as my Deco. The Deco system doesn't like that and reverts to a different IP network, hence my static clients on the Deco network wont work anymore... 

So my home network is 192.168.100.x and the Deco systems is the DHCP server. I noticed when I loose my WAN connection on the Deco (ISP) it will get really upset and suddenly reverts to a different LAN IP network of 192.168.0.x meaning my home network is now crippled (yes I mostly use DHCP and address reservations where possible, but I still need one or 2 fixed IP's for some servers). After a long frustrating night I managed to capture the other device that supply's DHCP addresses and it turned out to be the TL-WPA4220 !!!

TP-LINK  please .....   with a TP-Link Deco system, a TP-Link Powerline Adapter, a TP-Link WiFi Extender and many TP-Link Switches surely this should work better together!

Please fix this issue or give the users the option to turn on/off features not required. 

Options
2021-07-01 18:40:58

Well they fixed it for their RE200/300 series... I posted in this thread "https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/192368" since they actually responded there here is hoping they fix it for everyone else!

Options