VPN Filter malware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN Filter malware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN Filter malware
VPN Filter malware
2018-06-14 12:53:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Archer CR700 firmware ver 1.1.0 build 20170314 rel 542320 Hardware ver 1.1.

The list of routers keeps growing as time goes along.
I purchased this modem myself and not sure what if any support Spectrum is providing as far as updates.
Is there a newer firmware? Will there be a new firmware that will be available to download?
I have been hearing that the malware attaches its self to the firmware and that the only way to get rid if it is to redo the firmware or install the newest version.
I was unable to find any info on if this is the newest version or if a newer version is coming.
My net has slowed down quite a bit and Spectrum cannot figure out what is the issue and wants me to rent their modem for $12 per a month.
Not sure if my modem is infected or not but it would be nice if i could update or reinstall my firmware.

Does anyone have any info on the malware and if it infected the Archer CR700 modems?

Thanks
Thom
Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN Filter malware
2018-06-21 09:00:42
Hi Thom,
it seems it's safe to keep this modem.
you can refer to this state on tp-link official website.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2213.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 1