KC120 cam records only 20 seconds or less
2018-06-27 00:18:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had 3 of the KC120 cams for a while and I'm getting frustrated with the 20 second limit on the videos. There are people moving in the videos so I know there is movement. There has to be a way to capture all the movement or else this is not a legitimate security camera. What if there is an intruder in the house and his face is not in view within that 20 seconds? I won't have any footage to send the police.

I understand I can subscribe to increase the history up to 30 days and storage up to 30GB but, these will not help my issue. I need longer clips. I need to capture all motion while it's happening. You never know when the intruder's face will be at the best angle to send to police.

Is there a way to capture all movement? Is there a way to increase the length of the clips recorded? Thanks.

Hardware version: 1.0
Firmware version: 2.2.5
Options
4 Replies
Re:KC120 cam records only 20 seconds or less
2018-06-27 16:48:27
I consulted the similar question before.
The length of each clip is 3mins, and it will stop if there is a 10s pause.
We can't capture all movement because of this.
Options
2018-06-28 04:23:33
The 10 second pause doesn't work for my cam. It stops at about a 2 second pause. I tested it myself moving around in front of the cam with short pauses. Maybe I have a defective cam but, I don't think it's a hardware issue. I tried updating the firmware and it says there are no updates. I would think this could be fixed with an update and is not a hardware issue. Can you please look into this and let me know if this can be updated so the clips aren't cut off too soon? Thanks.
Options
2018-06-28 11:38:59
For your case, it's recommended to take a video with a phone and send email to tp-link support directly.
Options
2018-08-13 06:25:03
I'm having the same issue. In one video, the preview frame of the cloud video clearly shows me in shot walking up the driveway but when I played the video in full, it was only one second long and I never made an appearance. In another video, a car was driving through the shot and when halfway across the screen, the video just ended! I even tried increasing sensitivity but that didn't help.

This is no use to me at all and if I don't find a solution, I will have to return the camera.
Options