T4U v2 wifi adapter on Windows 7 64-bit -- Cannot get it to "enable"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-30 19:00:24
Model : T4U

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased one new from Amazon.

I need some help figuring out what to do. I followed instructions and my PC sees the device - it's in my device manager. When I run the included software and select the adapter from that, the software mentions a "failure" and that the adapter cannot be selected. So the software pretty much does nothing at that point since everything is greyed-out. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I've tried the driver from the TP-LINK support website instead, to no avail. I even tried an updated driver (not sure it's official) I found on this forum, which also installed properly, like the others, but didn't get the adapter to turn on and scan for networks. I've even installed without the support software, and again get pretty much nothing but a supposedly "functioning properly" device in my device manager that doesn't do anything.

So I've got hardware that my PC can see, multiple drivers tried out, but cannot get the device to activate. When I use Window's troubleshoot it says something vague like "there is a hardware problem with your adapter."

Any ideas how to diagnose this and get it to work, or could it be just be I need a replacement? (somehow I think it's more of a compatibility issue)

Thanks,
Andrew
Options
4 Reply
Re:T4U v2 wifi adapter on Windows 7 64-bit -- Cannot get it to "enable"
2018-07-06 14:27:06
What's your OS of your computer? Is it windows?
Do you mean it shows the driver has installed successuflly under device manager?
You can have a look at this FAQ.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-284.html

If it's installed successfully, there shouldn't be a hardware problem.
change another usb port?
Options
2018-07-07 04:13:51
In the title - Win 7/64.

Driver shows up in device manager with proper driver, says "This device is working properly."

Tried a few USB ports, but no dice.
Options
2018-07-23 03:12:17
Tried all my UBS ports and no luck. Windows 7 "diagnose" says it "might be a driver issue." It can't tell me much more.
Options
2018-07-23 03:18:26
OK, found a solution with a search on why an adapter won't enable.

This is how I fixed it:

Here is the solution that worked for me.

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

Since doing these actions, I have had no further issues with the WiFi.

Hope this helps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1627

Replies: 4