turn all Schedules on at once? IFTTT?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-25 04:50:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought four mini plugs, and while they seem to work fine, I am disappointed with the Kasa software. I bought them for setting a schedule of lights to be turned on and off while we are out of town. But every time you want a light to turn on, it requires a separate Schedule. Ditto for turning it off. On and off in the morning, on and off in the evening, and you have four Schedules. Multiply that by four lights, and there are 16 separate Schedules you have to turn on one by one when you leave on vacation. Same when you return home.

I have no experience with IFTTT, but could that be used to create a single button that turns on all the Schedules you want when you're away? Getting a little more sophisticated, I would want one button for summer vacation Schedules and another for winter vacation Schedules. Does that sound feasible?
Options
2 Reply
Re:turn all Schedules on at once? IFTTT?
2018-08-07 04:38:41
Sounds like if they added scheduling to scenes that might solve your problem. It looks like scenes allow you to group multiple device. Doesn't help you right now, but probably a good suggestion for their software team.
Options
Re:turn all Schedules on at once? IFTTT?
2020-09-15 18:27:10

The new IFTTT Pro _ought_ to allow that (multiple actions off of one 'trigger'); however, currently this brand-new capability doesn't allow multiple instances of the same 'action' (e.g. Turn Off) even if one has multiple devices!!  It appears to be an IFTTT restriction.

(see more detail here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/227246)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 2