T9E & Windows 1803 - Massive Latency Spikes Only Resolved By Repairing the Driver at Every Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

T9E & Windows 1803 - Massive Latency Spikes Only Resolved By Repairing the Driver at Every Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-03 02:57:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently did a clean install of Windows on my PC and using the media creation tool it grabbed version 1803. I haven't had any issues with the exception of my wireless card having massive latency spikes.

After a series of troubleshooting leading nowhere, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, and the latency issues were completely mitigated. I've since found that the issue returns at every reboot, but is resolved by repairing the driver.

I can see the spikes happening firsthand by just pinging google or apple and every 6th ping or so my latency goes from 12ms to 103ms. After repairing the driver, it's a rock-solid 12ms.

Is there an alternative driver I can download anywhere where this is resolved? Or do I have to downgrade my entire OS?
Options
2 Reply
Re:T9E & Windows 1803 - Massive Latency Spikes Only Resolved By Repairing the Driver at Every Reboot
2018-08-04 15:47:11
Same problem here with my T6E.

The driver provided by TP-Link causes frequent BSODs on 1803. So I had to download some other broadcom driver from some third-party sites, which has the same latency spikes as you do.
Options
Re:T9E & Windows 1803 - Massive Latency Spikes Only Resolved By Repairing the Driver at Every Reboot
2018-08-15 04:50:25
i have the same problem with t9e archer and windows 10 1803, random freezes or even windows can't boot :c
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 2