Archer CR500 2.4G Wireless Causing Internet to Drop/Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-15 03:24:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Anytime a device tries to transfer data over 2.4Ghz wireless my CR500 reboots and has to reconnect to the internet. 5Ghz works perfectly fine, but some older devices like my printer and PS3 can't use 5G. I've already tried a hard reset to factory default and changing the bandwidth/channel settings but it still drops the cable connection. Anyone have a clue what's causing this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer CR500 2.4G Wireless Causing Internet to Drop/Reset
2018-08-24 23:54:45
Now it's doing it over 5G too. Not as easily as 2.4G, but when the connection is maxed (large download, 4K streaming) over wireless it causes the modem to reboot. Wired connections so far have been perfectly stable. Probably have to just put it in bridge mode and use a dedicated router if no one has a solution.
Options
Re:Archer CR500 2.4G Wireless Causing Internet to Drop/Reset
2018-09-02 02:27:16
And now another issue. When ran in bridge mode I'm getting about 30% higher latency. A server that I always get around 30-35ms ping in router mode jumps to 50ms with bridge mode. I set it back to router mode and ping times drop back down to normal. Switching back and forth between bridge/routed shows it's not random variance. Bridge mode is somehow introducing extra latency.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1186

Replies: 2