All new TP link Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

All new TP link Switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
All new TP link Switches
All new TP link Switches
2018-09-06 04:35:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have purchased TP link switches to be installed into a new construction home. They consist of 20 HS200 single switches, 10 HS210KIT 3 way switch kits, and 5 HS220 dimmer switches. Here is the question...

I would like to have the electrician wire in all the switches when he runs the electric service for the house. My network will not be set up until after we move in. When the network is up and running I will see all 35+ devices at once. How will I be able to differentiate the devices to rename them on the network?

I am really trying to avoid replacing all of these one by one and adding them onto the network that way after we move in.

Has anyone here done a multiple device install like this and if so what advise can you offer?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Anthony
Options
3 Reply
Re:All new TP link Switches
2018-09-17 02:27:55
Idea!! Could you use your phone as a mobile hotspot with the same username and password as your in home wifi will have. Then as the electrician hooks up the light switches 1 by 1 you can follow behind him and set them up. Then when you move in and set up your home wifi everything should connect just fine. PS you only need 1 of the HS210 switches on your 3 way circuits. It will work just the same as if you used both on the circuit. So with 1 HS210 kit you can actually power 2 sets of 3 way circuits.
Options
2018-09-17 02:37:31
How about this. What if you set up your phone as a hot spot with the same SSID and password that your fixed network will be. Then you can follow behind your electrician as he powers up the switches you can set them up? That way when your fixed network gets turned on everything should connect!PS I learned with the HS210 kit you only need 1 of those switches to work the 3 way circuit. The other switch can remain the same. This way you can actually get 2 3 way circuits out of 1 HS201 kit!Ryan
Options
2018-09-22 20:55:19
You could add them all to your network then walk around the house with your phone in hand. Operate each switch manually and find it in Kasa's list by looking for which has changed to rename it appropriately.

That's a lot of devices, things may not go as smoothly as one might hope with that many...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 3

Related Articles