Google Home w/multiple Google Accounts can't connect to Kasa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-07 09:08:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I currently have multiple Google Home speakers set up to access multiple Kasa LB100 smart bulbs via Home Control through Google Assistant. Each of those speakers are linked to two Google Accounts; call them primary & secondary. Each of those Google Accounts are also linked to a single Kasa account. Until recently, both Google Accounts could control the Kasa LB100s via the Google Homes w/no issue. Now, whenever the secondary account tries to control the smart bulbs via voice command, it is told that TP-Link Kasa is unavailable. If I unlink the primary account from Kasa, via the Google Home app, the secondary account is able to control the smart bulbs. However, as soon as I link the primary account back up, the secondary account receives the unavailable message. Control through the Kasa app is working fine.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Google Home w/multiple Google Accounts can't connect to Kasa
2018-09-29 12:32:08
I FINALLY got this too work. After reading solutions where it worked for people who either changed browsers or used a different device, I tried adding a new browser to my phone. Then when I clicked the link in Google Home to add Kasa/TP-Link and chose that new browser, instead of taking me straight to sign in to TP-Link it first asked me to sign into my Google Account. This MIGHT be key because I have two Google Accounts and since Google Home hasn't yet supported multiple accounts I had associated my Google Home with the account I don't use so that me and my spouse could both use the Home to play music without disrupting the other playing music away from home. So... I signed in using that "Google Home" created Google account, then it took me to TP-Link to sign in and it worked - my devices all showed up.

So possibly the reason it wasn't working before is that it was opening in Chrome and Chrome is already signed in to my main Google Account and not the one I used to set up my Google Homes. OR maybe it was just using a new browser and going through the sign in process - can't say for sure, but it did work for me after this.
Options
2018-10-12 15:29:32
Try to up-to-date new version, it can be resolved
Options
2019-03-01 00:42:30

I'm having the same problem with Google Assistant on my phone or any speaker. It stopped working a few days ago. All wemo and nest and Chromecast and August lock and ring all work, but kasa is no longer responding.

I've disconnected and reconnected to Google Assistant, uninstalled apps, etc. It's just not working, multiple Google accounts. 

Options
Re:Re:Google Home w/multiple Google Accounts can't connect to Kasa
2019-03-11 21:15:23

@Yoadrian 

The first step would be to unlink you Kasa account from Google Assistant.  Then go into the Kasa app and make sure all of the devices are up to date and that Remote Control is enabled on each device.  Next you will want to make sure the Kasa app is up to date as well.  Lastly reconnect your Kasa Account to Google Assistant and check if the devices are able to be controlled again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2776

Replies: 4