TL-WN725N Slow Connect Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-09 04:04:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am having an issue with a new TL-WN725N adapter. I have turned off the built-in WiFi (it was running a 1mbps so pretty much useless). I have turned on the new USB adapter. It shows it is set to a max 72mbps (even tho this is a 150 mbps adapter). The machine is running Windows 10 (fresh rebuild). I am using a Netgear Nighthawk dual band AC router but the only thing on the 2.4ghz band is a laser printer, garage and this adapter so I don't think it is too crowded? I am connected secured WPA2-PSK Auto Channel. I downloaded the latest driver for the adapter from the site. The machine is about 2 feet from the router. I am getting 10-11 mbps on SpeedTest.net - and I really hope it can get better than this...

Suggestions for making this better?

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN725N Slow Connect Speed
2018-09-12 01:02:52
Have you checked the channel ref any close other external users ? I had this probl,em on my system (Plusnet FTTC ), where the router is set to auto channel, and detrmines the channel used. .i remember finding that a neighbour was using the same channel.Once I'd moved the router to a spare channel all was well as .Turning it back to auto after this left the routr and 725 on a spare channel
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7010

Replies: 1

Related Articles