TP-LINK RE355 AC1200 Can I use more then one WIWF router (2 channels)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-01 19:19:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I'm planning to add a VPN WIFI router to my network, so I will have 2 wifi routers. Is it possible to have more then one network on the AC1200? Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly?

TIA

[h=1][/h]
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK RE355 AC1200 Can I use more then one WIWF router (2 channels)
2018-10-03 02:17:29
Contacted support and got the answer, can only handle one channel. So I would have to go and switch when I wanted to use my other wifi pc/s.. Not the end of the world
Options
Re:TP-LINK RE355 AC1200 Can I use more then one WIWF router (2 channels)
2018-10-09 19:43:35
How do I actually talk to a human in customer support? I have tried calling and it basically just tells you to go online ;-( I have emailed and receiced a answer a few days later but again really did not answer my question below. Basically all I was told that using there RE355 would half my speeds and if I hooked connected yet another RE355 to my existing one it would have that yet again. So I was told to sync both to my Uverse WIF router but did not answer about what would happen to my speeds??

I have my Re355 setup and working, what I'm trying to do is get a stronger signal through the house (hopefully 5ghz),

My main question is if I did buy another RE355 and set it up the exact same way as my original one I have working already would I be able to get a stronger WIFI signal?

From my working RE355 I have been running att speed tests and can onlg get a DL speed of around 3 to 6 MBPS which is pretty pokey.

The distance in the house between the Uverse Router/Re355 is under 35' max , I believe the biggest issue is that its a older home with wood lath and plaster walls and radiator heet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 859

Replies: 2