Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-05 05:11:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Something in my Sony TV is preventing it from connecting to the Deco M5 sitting next to it, every other item in the house connects just fine and works great. Just this new Sony TV, it worked fine on the WiFi I replaced with the deco's but now it it sees the network but never connects, I was able to ensure the Deco was fine by plugging in a LAN cable to the TV and the Deco, that connected just fine. I saw in the internet that breaking the WiFi into 2.4 and 5 will let the TV see the fastest and connect to it. Is this logical? My first Deco units
v
Options
60 Reply
Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2018-10-12 16:07:03
Try one time more, if it is not connected go to shop of electrician.. thanks
Options
2018-11-19 23:04:13
its normal your Tv can saw 2 band, 1. whats ur tv model 2. which band your Tv may have issues to connect to?
The TP-Link USA QA and Support Team
Options
2018-12-18 04:58:41
I have the exact same issue with my Sony TV, just installed new decos, would appreciate some insights here
Options
2019-05-03 06:31:52 - last edited 2019-05-03 06:50:35

Im having same problem with my sony bravia wont connect to wifi Model NO KD-49X7000E built july 2017 Ok tried for hours TV saying wirless device on TV = found , local access = failed , internet access = failed  when i bring a deco donnstairs and plug in a ethernet cable bang it works wifi not working everything else works please help. Have factory reset Decos and Tv many times.

Options
2019-05-13 16:15:33

Just install Deco M5 3 packs to my home, setup easy as 1-2-3 and all iPhone, iPad, PCs working well.

Except all 3 Sony Smart TV (2 model 2017 and 1 model 2018) cannot connect to new Mesh network...

When I scan network on TVs, it show correct new WiFi SSID, click Next and it automatically pre-input exact new WiFi password - it’s weird!!! But finally still cannot connect.

Now I have to turn back on the old Tp-link Archer C50 device to broadcast the old WiFi SSID (both 2.4 & 5Ghz), just for serving my TVs Internet connection... 

Note: 

- my Sony TV model 2017 - KD-55X7000E support only 2.4Ghz 

- my Sony TV model 2018 - KD-55X7500F support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

- tried to reset factory default 1 TV model 2017 and connect again but fail....

- My Deco M5 updated latest firmware 1.2.8 build 20190403 rel. 40244 and working in AP configure mode

Does anyone else have same problem to my case?

Please show me how to fix this.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-05-15 00:59:31 - last edited 2019-05-15 01:07:02

Updating to my case if someone is need...

Connect to Tp-link support through Live Chat and get some info:

- due to TVs don't support Wi-Fi roaming technology (tried to Google it then find out some IEEE 802.11k, 802.11v, 802.11r standard) then it cannot connect to Tp-link Deco M5 network with Fast Roaming enabled

- Tp-link Support technician suggest 2 option:

1. Turn-off Advanced / Fast Roaming function on whole network, meaning all high-tech devices like phone, tablet... will not take advantage of this technology - which is one of the major reason for me to purchase Deco M5.

2. Enable Guest Network for only TVs connection (and other older devices, such as Fridge, Washing Machine...) as per Support technician confirm only Main Network affect the Fast Roaming enable function, the Guest Network don't have this function by default.

- Of course, I take the option #2 then setup separate Main Network & Guest Network (Advanced / Fast Roaming function still enabled) but it get no luck.

All TVs still not connect unless turn off Fast Roaming for whole network.

- Now I have to turn off Fast Roaming function temporarily and waiting for further support from Tp-link....

FYI, I did a ping test from my phone to 8.8.8.8 - Google DNS when moving around in Deco M5 network

- With Fast Roaming ON: only 1 packet lost when moving, seem transparent

- With Fast Roaming OFF: at least 10 packets lost!!! make call interruption, disconnect...

Options
2019-05-16 09:25:46

Hi,

I am using decoM9plus in AP Mode .Even i tried to connect sony tv is not connecting but samsung tv is connecting .Please give me fix for me also.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-06-06 00:26:25

@BossBo 

When the Deco is in AP mode it is not supplying anything other than the network access point to the internet.  If you used the same SSID and password as your previous AP, then you Sony TV may still be looking for that AP and ignoring the Deco.  The best thing to try is either changing the network name or finding a way to clear the network chache on the TV. 

You can also check your Router's logs and see what is being said there, as the router is the one handing out the IPs it may just have a conflict that needs to be addressed.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-06-17 11:19:32

I had a Sony tv  working with a Deco three pack perfectly for over a year. Now in the last two weeks I suddenly cannot connect to the Internet it does not recognise my router or does not accept the password or tells me my router is locked. My iPhone shows that the connection is trying to be made but never successfully.   It occasionally also shows my old iiNet router has been there though I have not used it since I got the deco unit. I was away for the last month and believe some update whether to the deco unit or to Sony Tv may have been made and is causing the problem. My 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-06-17 13:20:26

Eureka after a day trying everything I have a solution. Switch off fast roaming on your phone app for deco then remove your wi fi link in both the Sony and the deco then reinstall the wifi link in the tv then switch fast roaming on your phone. It worked for me but requires it to be done eveytime u switch off tv

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 27377

Replies: 60

Related Articles