Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-06-25 10:01:45

Thanks Carl, everybody for update and sorry for my late response.

Finally after 5 weeks and a lot of conversation, argument, good mood then bad mood... I returned my Deco M5 to the supplier as confirmed by Tp-link in my country could not provide any software / firmware upgrade or solution for our situation.

All I need is just the Roaming ON for my main network and Roaming OFF for TVs / Refrigerators / Washing machine / Vaccum Robot... or any of IoT devices but Tp-link Deco M5 could not provide....

It is so sad. Back to old Wi-Fi infrastructure (1 Wi-Fi AP for each floor).

I'm now looking for another roaming Wi-Fi solution from Ruckus Rx10 Unleashed series product, which a little higher compare to Tp-link Mesh Deco family but I think it is worth for any technical person to be able working at their home.

Options
Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2019-09-17 21:12:43

@ptdarling I'm having this same issue with two new Smart TVs ( Sharp and TCL) and my Deco M5 mesh system. Mesh connects to all other devices except for these two TVs. All adivice from TV and TP support groups failed to solve problem. I am currently using my TP Nighthawk router to connect to these TV devices.

Options
2019-09-18 04:02:49

@RG1055 Hi there, you have to turn off Fast Roaming function for your whole Deco Wi-Fi network to connect TVs to this Mesh network.

But you will loose the roaming function for other mobility devices, so the workaround solution is continue to connect TVs to your Nighhawk router network and all others to Deco Mesh :)

Let's waiting for fix & solution from Tp-link, please kindly keep us in touch if you receive any update from them.

Options
2019-09-18 16:22:14

I Have the same issue with my Philips 49pus6432/12 4K TV ... angry

Options
2019-09-21 17:52:35
I believe I have solved the problem with the Deco M5 not connecting to my new TVs wifi. Go to the Deco application and go to "More" on the bottom, then go to Wi-Fi. Go down to create a Guest Network and turn off 5GHz. Then create a Network Name (SSID) with a password you create. Then go to your TV and look for the Guest Network you created and login with password. This worked for me. Please post this for me, since I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure, at this point, how to do it. Thanks.
Options
2019-09-21 17:55:41
I believe I have solved the problem with the Deco M5 not connecting to my new TVs wifi. Go to the Deco application and go to "More" on the bottom, then go to Wi-Fi. Go down to create a Guest Network and turn off 5GHz. Then create a Network Name (SSID) with a password you create. Then go to your TV and look for the Guest Network you created and login with password. This worked for me. I didn't do anything to turn off Fast Roaming.
Options
2019-09-21 17:56:10
I believe I have solved the problem with the Deco M5 not connecting to my new TVs wifi. Go to the Deco application and go to "More" on the bottom, then go to Wi-Fi. Go down to create a Guest Network and turn off 5GHz. Then create a Network Name (SSID) with a password you create. Then go to your TV and look for the Guest Network you created and login with password.
Options
2019-09-21 17:56:41
I believe I have solved the problem with the Deco M5 not connecting to my new TVs wifi. Go to the Deco application and go to "More" on the bottom, then go to Wi-Fi. Go down to create a Guest Network and turn off 5GHz. Then create a Network Name (SSID) with a password you create. Then go to your TV and look for the Guest Network you created and login with password. This worked for me.
Options
2019-09-29 16:10:03

@RG1055 

Thank you for solving my problem too.  I could not connect to Netflix and I found on the internet that many TVs will not connect to a 5G network.  I did what you said and turned off the 5G in guest network and now it works.

Options
2019-09-29 20:15:28

@Tessa1969 I'm glad it worked for you. I had no workable solutions from TP-Link and the TV support groups when I attempted to resolve this problem. I hope they will pass on this info to their customers.

Options