Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2020-03-15 13:17:08

@boolan175 

i've the latest firmware for my A1...but there's no way to connect...the "mesh wifi" is seen as 4 different wifi network (with the same SSID) and there's no way to connect to anyone

Options
2020-03-17 03:33:55

@Petrinho Did you try going to the Deco App, when you open it up hit MORE at the bottom, then go to Router Settings and hit Wi-Fi. Create a Guest Network (SSID)  then give it a Network Name of your choice. Be sure to slide Gust Network and 2.4 GHz toggles to the right. Then go back to your TV and configure your settings to this Network. 

Options
2020-03-17 03:35:57
try going to the Deco App, when you open it up hit MORE at the bottom, then go to Router Settings and hit Wi-Fi. Create a Guest Network (SSID) then give it a Network Name of your choice. Be sure to slide Guest Network and 2.4 GHz toggles to the right. Then go back to your TV and configure your settings to this Network.
Options
2020-03-22 13:04:42

@ptdarling I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)

Options
2020-03-22 13:05:06

@RRS I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)

Options
2020-03-22 13:05:39
I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)
Options
2020-03-22 13:05:49
I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)
Options
2020-03-22 13:05:57
Options
2020-03-22 13:06:08
Options
2020-03-22 13:06:33
Options
Related Articles