Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2020-03-22 13:06:45
I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2020-03-22 13:06:56
I resolve the problem on a KD55XD7005 ....ok ....install the tp link, press the botton Wifi WPS on the router....ok ....the lighst of the tp link have to been steady....ok ....go to your sony tv and try to connect to tp link extender on the wifi list...connect.....it will apear a on the name of the tp link name...connect correctly but you have to login .....get out of the wifi configuration and open the home menu,press on the control tv HOME ....look for the internet browser app ....open it, and the tp link page will open automatically....think on a new password....confirm that password....ok.....then will open the tp link page, and they will tell you that choice your wifi, select it,enter the password of YOUR WIFI (the router password or the password that you have) ....enter ....and go back to the wifi list ....and select YOUR WIFI NAME with _EXT at the end.....enter the password of YOUR wifi or the password that you have on it and,thats all. I hope that help you. =)
Options
2020-03-22 13:07:22
Options
2020-04-03 22:32:53

@LBNE Hello, how are you,

I tried what you typed but stil didnt understand it. You typed install tp link do you mean on the tv? and you typed also on the browser do you mean on the tv ? sorry for so many questions? i hope you will help me....

kind regards from Holland

Options
Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2020-04-22 04:22:41

Switching off fast roaming fixed it for me too. 

I haven't tried re-enabling it to see if the problem returns. 

Options
2020-04-25 15:34:38

@ptdarling I got an Ethernet cable and used it to Connect the TV with the nearest m5 unit. I then did "wired" network setup. Problem solved!

Options
2020-05-06 12:09:35

@ptdarling  I installed an RE200 into the mesh network and then connected the tv to the extended network. This way you can keep fast roaming for the rest of the mesh and still connect the Sony tv.

Options
2020-07-04 16:09:09
Sony Tv KDL 43W807C - still dont Work with enabled Fast roaming
Options
2020-08-04 21:25:11 - last edited 2020-08-04 21:33:10

@ptdarling solution for Bravia smart TV:

0. Forget your network in TV settings

1. In the Deco app under Overview find your TV and hit it

2. Go to its settings (top-right), you will be able to see "Mesh Technology" switch... if not - hit the AP name next to the Linked Deco (e.g. Master Bedroom) and find your TV in the list

3. Switch off the MESH Technology 

4. Login/connect to your Deco network from TV

5. N-Joy the sole non-Mesh (no fast roaming) device within your Mesh.

Options
2020-08-04 21:27:14
See #51
Options
Related Articles