Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sony Smart TV will not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:Sony Smart TV will not connect
2020-08-22 17:37:11 - last edited 2020-08-22 17:38:09

@iWtf 

Hi sony android wont connect with mesh technology off and fast roaming enabled. Have to switch off fast roaming to get tv to connect which is the earlier way to do it.

Thanks

Options
2020-08-29 01:45:12

Sorry for the rusty English.

The attempts to connect to wi-fi did not work.

So I tried the cable connection and I couldn't do it either.

There is a permanent "checking" notice and a notification that the ethernet is not connected.

Some idea?

Greetings from Brasil

Options
2020-08-29 02:11:19

Problem solved...I just fixed the date and time laugh

Options
2020-10-05 11:21:27
It worked for me PRISM+ TV and Deco M5
Options
2020-10-12 21:17:50

@ptdarling 

I have the same problem. Sony KD EX9005 working fine for 2-3 years with Deco M5 but recently had to do a factory reset on the TV as it keeps resetting to the Sony/Android logos when switched off for more than an hour or 2 (only happened since I've recently connected a new Sonos Arc sound bar to the HDMI Arc connection ... a different issue & topic!).

So, once i did the factory reset on the TV, I then had the no WiFi connection ... tried all the fixes from this post - no fast roaming, setting up separate guest network with 2.4ghz only, etc ... but nothing worked. I then realised that my time & date on the TV was incorrect ... i think because i hadn't actually properly finished the set up after doing the factory reset ... i hadn't scanned for TV channels! I completed this, the time & date automatically updated ... i reconnected to my original WiFi connection (5ghz) & now all working fine!

So, remember ... check that the TV set up is complete (including time & date) BEFORE doing everything else. Hopefully that solves it for most :)

Options
2021-01-11 19:17:09

@iWtf 

I can't see my TV in overview. It looks like it's not coming up also not offline. Do you know how or what the proem is? 

Options
2021-01-11 20:06:53

@Elpanico 

0. Forget your network in TV settings

1. In the Deco app under Overview find your TV and hit it (if not - try connecting TV to your guest network, then refresh in app; do not forget to repeat step 0 before step 4 then)

2. Go to its settings (top-right), you will be able to see "Mesh Technology" switch... if not - hit the AP name next to the Linked Deco (e.g. Master Bedroom) and find your TV in the list

3. Switch off the MESH Technology 

4. Login/connect to your Deco network from TV

5. N-Joy the sole non-Mesh (no fast roaming) device within your Mesh.

Options
2021-01-27 23:46:55 - last edited 2021-01-27 23:48:28

I finally connected my KDL-500W80C to Demo M5 when Fast Roaming (FR) enabled.

1. Connect your TV to M5 while FR disabled then disable Mesh Technology on Deco app.

2. Enable FR, forgot M5 Wi-Fi network on your TV.

3. On Deco app, go to WPS option, click on M5 node nearest your TV, you will have 120 seconds to connect this node with WPS on.

4. On your TV, Under the Network Wi-Fiscreen, select Connect via WPS.

Android TV™ models updated to Android™ 8.0 software won't have the WPS setting function in the Network setup.

Options
2021-01-30 14:47:34 - last edited 2021-01-30 20:52:23

Hi,

I HAVE THE SOLUTION:

- Disconnect ALL THE DECOS except for the TV closest one (if the closest is not the main decos, please set it as the main one)

- now, from the TV, forget the wifi (if is it was saved)

- connect the TV to the wifi (in deco's app you can leave 2.4ghz and 5ghz activated but i have try only with Fast Roaming disabled, i dont know if it work with FR enabled)

- the TV will connect!!!!

- in the deco's app, find the TV and clicking on it you have to DISABLE "Mesh"

- now you can reconnect all the other Deco's (and in case set another Deco's as the Main one)

everything should work

please let me know if it works also for you.

UPDATE: It seems work untill you disconnect the TV from wifi.

Options
2021-05-22 00:10:30

@naner86 

Just updated time & date... like magic

Options
Related Articles