My new router is not obtaining an IP address from my cable modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My new router is not obtaining an IP address from my cable modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:My new router is not obtaining an IP address from my cable modem
2021-07-28 18:47:21

@dstack101 

Your modem, is it a gateway or just a modem?  

Options
2021-08-24 21:44:42

@Carl if routers not getting DHCP address try unplugging it for one minute then plug it back up if changed any settings just poke the old reset button and reset what you changed before works every time for me 

Options
2021-11-14 20:10:51
Just wanted to say 'thanks' as this information came in very handy when setting up the new router. Ultimately, I needed to reach out to my ISP to 'flush' the modem of the earlier router's MAC address. Thank you for the help here. :)
Options
2021-11-19 21:30:02 - last edited 2022-01-14 15:56:54

@3tech 

Sometimes a call to the provider is required for them to enter the MAC address of your MODEM. Comcast apparently doesn't trust anyone to simply replace their MODEM.

Options
2022-05-24 08:29:59

@mattattack This is the worst experience I have ever had with a router and I've had many over the years.  Even when plugged in and broadcasting, I can't access it.   This is the second one in a month that has just stopped working.  I've had my isp all over thier end and nothings wrong there.

What is the reason ur product sets off these IP address issues?  IF I ever get this working, I'll never buy another TP link product.  Too many people are reporting this same issue and no firmware fix?  I promise my review will be much clearer than any instructions I've read on how to get past this disaster.

Options
2022-05-24 16:02:53

@Apalled 

Mattattack is not a TP-Link Employee so you did tag the wrong person.  We can't deduce anything until we have more information regarding your concern.  It would be best to create a wholly new thread specific to your product and to your situation. Please include screenshots and details of what troubleshooting you have done.  

Options
Related Articles