How to see the type of backhaul used?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-15 07:05:59

I have 2 Deco P7 routers used in AP mode, connected through Ethernet to the same switch as the router. I would like to see what kind of backhaul they are using (wireless, ethernet or powerline). Thanks! 

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to see the type of backhaul used?
2018-12-17 17:02:16

TP-Link, ethernet backhaul confirmation has been requested several times on this forum since the Deco was initially released. Please consider adding this feature to the next app update. 

Options
Re:How to see the type of backhaul used?
2018-12-17 23:19:59

@Strainu and @deshaun 

Thank you for your intrest in the Deco Series of products, even though the P7 is not for sale in the U.S. this answer will cover both of your comments.  The ability to see what backhaul you are using is not a feature we have currently in discussion.  However, when you have mulitple backhauls conncted, the Deco System will use APS (adaptive path selection) to choose the best possible path, to provide a consitent and stable link.  The only exception is when you are using ethernet as your back haul.  If you use ethernet as backhaul your deco will not attempt to use wireless or in the case of the P7 powerline as backhaul options.   If you are using wireless or powerline the Deco system is capable of ultilzing mulitple backhauls to share the load during high traffic periods.  For instance with the Deco M9 plus  you have a dedicated 5GHz band for backhaul however if traffic demands are high, the Deco will ultilze your usable 5GHz, 2.4GHz or both to share the backhaul load and keep a consistent signal and speed. 

I hope that helps

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support   

Options
Re:Re:How to see the type of backhaul used?
2019-01-20 21:07:23

I've called support and requested this information as well.  I've wired all of my Decos and would like confirmation in the mobile app that each unit is indeed routing via Ethernet backhaul instead of wireless.

@Carl, please contact the development group and add identification of Ethernet backhaul to the feature list for the Deco App.  Several customers are requesting this in the forums.  I appreciate it!

Options
Re:Re:How to see the type of backhaul used?
2019-01-26 14:26:05
Its not clear how this hasn't been implemented yet. @Tplink - there is no way to know if the devices are truly using ethernet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1843

Replies: 4