Making IFTTT trigger for smart switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-16 11:13:27 - last edited 2022-06-08 01:31:33

Would love to see a trigger on IFTTT or some sort of native functionality in the Kasa app that would allow me to activate a smart plug when I manually press a smart switch. I'm looking to activate lights on both sides of my bed with a single button press since the regular plugs aren't wired together, or perhaps press a switch to occasionally activate a scene once I walk through the door. Has anyone had any luck setting up something like this? If not, is there any chance Kasa might have something like this in the works?

Options
54 Reply
Re:Making IFTTT trigger for smart switches
2018-12-17 18:36:32

With IFTTT you are not able to select TP-Link Kasa as a trigger service, only as the action part. So when you create a new applet, you can configure: If this (trigger service) then that (action service). The trigger could be setting a date or when you are at a geographical location or you can tie in other services or apps.

Thank you for the suggestion though, we always forward suggestions we receive to our developers to help make a our products better for the customer experience.

Options
Re:Re:Making IFTTT trigger for smart switches
2018-12-30 22:55:48

I would also love to see this functionality; it is one of the reasons I bought smart devices and I am disapointed it is not available.

The feature could also be internal to the Kasa app, perhaps allowing the smart switch to control an entire group in addition to the physical connection.

Options
2018-12-31 17:59:28

Agreed would love to see more IFTTT with TPlink

Options
2019-02-25 17:19:30

Has there been any progress on this front?

This is the exact use case I was hoping to build in my living room:

Room lights controlled by an HS200 switch

2 lamps controlled by 2 HS105 smart plugs

I want to keep all the lights sychronized, so I need the 2 smart plugs to turn off/on in conjunction with the smart switch.

I know I can do this by grouping in the Kasa App and control them all via app

I know I can do this by grouping in the Alexa App and control them all via voice on the Echo

But I'd really like to have it be as simple as flipping the smart switch.

Options
Re:Re:Making IFTTT trigger for smart switches
2019-03-30 03:46:57
Kudos. Lots of interest in this!
Options
Re:Re:Re:Making IFTTT trigger for smart switches
2019-05-01 03:39:52

I agree. This is a must have for IFTTT integrations. I have 20 or so Kasa switches and plugs and would like to avoid buying other brands just to get this capability.

Thanks!

Options
2019-05-20 19:45:44

I've been looking for this functionality everywhere online. Thought I've found the solution when I saw this thread but it seems it's not possible! Please add this functionality or I'd have to switch everything to WEMO! 

Thank you!

Options
2019-06-05 05:15:11

Add me to the list of people that want to be able to do this.  I have two outside light circuits.  One switch is located in the garage and controls lots of eave lights on a schedule (currently dimmed to 1%).  The other switch is by the front door and turns on the lights over the front door.  I would love to have all the eave lights and front door lights turn on to 100% when we push the switch at the front door, like when someone rings the doorbell and we go to answer it.  Then when they leave I would want to push the switch by the front door again and have the eave lights do a gentle (over 10 minutes or so) dim down to 1% and the front door lights slowly dim to off.  That sounds amazing!

Options
2019-06-17 16:54:51

Yes please! I have a porch light with an easily accessible HS200 at my front door that I was hoping would be able to control the post lamp that's on an HS200 in the basement..   I currently have to use Google home to control the post lamp.

Options
2019-06-29 03:06:17

Would also like this feature.

Options

Information

Helpful: 19

Views: 17314

Replies: 54