HS200 Switch - Randomly turns on any light bulb in a group of light bulbs instead of turning on all.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 Switch - Randomly turns on any light bulb in a group of light bulbs instead of turning on all.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-17 00:15:31 - last edited 2018-12-17 00:44:22

I just installed HS200 Switch which is responsible for controlling a group of 3 light bulbs in the Hallway. After installation, I have noticed that when I turn on the switch, some times all 3 light bulbs turns on and some times only 2 of them. Is their something wrong with the Switch? or is this a result of something going wrong at the time of instalation? Any urgent help would be apreciated.

Thanks.

Ahmed Hussain

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 Switch - Randomly turns on any light bulb in a group of light bulbs instead of turning on all.
2018-12-17 19:09:10

At the current setting, you can do a factory default on the smart swtich (holding the left small button) for 15 seconds, and then add it back to Kasa to see if that takes care of it.

The max load the switch is 600W / 15A so for three bulbs should be fine.

What type of bulbs are they, and the wattage of them?

Wiring should be double checked at this point to make sure the neutral and the two load wires were identified correctly, and connected to each seperate wire on the HS200.

It might be a bit of a inconvienance, but one quick way to see if it is a issue with the switch is to install it at a different outlet to see if the issue follows the switch or stays with the location.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1110

Replies: 1