Apple Homekit Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Apple Homekit Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Apple Homekit Support
Apple Homekit Support
2018-12-17 21:56:30

Hi,

I just bought and set up a HS105 smart plug. It works great with my Amazon Dot and Alexa. I'm trying to additional to my Apple Homekit controls and can't figure out how to do it. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike in NYC

Options
26 Reply
Re:Apple Homekit Support
2018-12-17 23:22:14

Mike,

Hello, currently Homekit is not supported, but it will be in the very near future.  Keep your eye on TP-Link.com and our Kasa website, KasaSmart.com for our latest news and updates.

Best Regards 

Carl | TP-Link Support 

Options
Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2018-12-18 18:07:27

Thanks Carl! 

I look forward to that development. I appreciate the update and will keep watch on the website. 

Happy Holidays!

Mike

Options
2018-12-22 01:26:07
This is good to hear. Some lack of compatibility has been a bit of a drawback. Will firmware for existing products be updated to provide Homekit support or will it only be available in new products? Any plans so support other hubs such as Wink, SmartThings etc?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-01-21 19:35:46

@ReRi 

Sorry for the late reply.  I lost this thread in the shuffle. Yes from what I have been told a simple firmware update will be pushed to all devices, existing and new.  We won't know 100% until the services are available but that information should be available soon.  As for smart hub support, at this time there is no talk of this, however If you smart devices have a Zigbee antenna our Deco M9 Plus Mesh wifi system will replace any hubs you are currently using.  While we can't gaurantee 100% compatiblity because there are simply too many devices to test, if it has zigbee chances are it will work though

Best Regards 

Options
2019-02-12 23:27:33

Any update on Apple HomeKit integration/support?

Options
2019-03-13 13:00:11

It's been yet another month since the last query, yet not even a reply from TP-Link. So TP-Link, is Homekit support coming soon to the entire Kasa lineup?

-Stach

Options
Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-03-13 16:14:19

Sorry everyone, unless we are tagged we don't nessarily see repsonses to older posts.  I have reached out to the team for an update on this and will bookmark this thread.  As soon have an update i will provide it here. 

Options
2019-05-13 21:36:59

Still Waiting for Homekit support.

Any way to integrate the Kasa app with Shortcuts in iOS would also be a step in the right direction.

Options
2019-05-20 21:29:30

Carl wrote

Sorry everyone, unless we are tagged we don't nessarily see repsonses to older posts.  I have reached out to the team for an update on this and will bookmark this thread.  As soon have an update i will provide it here. 

Any update on this?

I appreciate you keeping us in the loop, and certainly understand you can't provide ETAs at this point. But the announcement and CES made it sound like it would be in "early 2019" which is quickly dwindling. Looking forward to this update! Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Apple Homekit Support
2019-05-20 22:56:40

@Turthcopy 

unfortuently not. We are still waiting for confrimation of a time table and product compatiblity list.  Once we have that I deffiantly let you know. 

Options