C5400X - Internet Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400X - Internet Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
84 Reply
Re:Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-24 20:53:45

I gave up on this unit, finally returned it and stick with my existing Apple Airport Extreme, which perform much better than this new router, with my Airport Extreme it ran solid at 550 to 590mbps on a 500mb line.

Options
Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-26 21:27:58

MP4 Link of Speedtest Behavior

In the link above you can see odd behavior where the speed shoots up to nearly 700Mbps for barely any time before immediately going back down to a slower speed. I've seen this behavior consistently, and the first time I ran the test before taking video today it hit nearly 850Mbps before going down to 550Mbps.

Options
2019-08-27 14:05:31 - last edited 2019-08-27 14:07:59

This router has so much potential for gaming,i've tried the Nighthawk Xr500 with duma os,Nighthawk r7800 x4s (stock,voxel,openwrt,ddwrt,gargoyle,rooter),Asus ac68u,88u (stock,merlin) and like this the most.

Devs need provide more regular updates,last one was in 2018.

Possibly port the AX11000 Firmware over as we need to check pings,and have a much better QOS system.

Got this for 299 from Amazon i'll be shocked if TP Link have stopped supporting it as a update is long due.

How do you expect us to buy future products if the current ones aren't updated and feedback ignored?

I tried to get phone support but the agent had little knowledge,kept going to manager to get answers and was dragging out the chargable call for no reason!

Options
2019-08-27 21:52:26

@Game_Tester 

You can try this beta firmware.  http://support.tp-link.com/f/3ba5085b7c/?dl=1   It should fix any speed issues you are having.  If not please let us know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-27 22:37:13 - last edited 2019-08-27 22:38:22

Thanks for the reply Carl but that's the firmware you linked before and it made no difference.Not to the mention the giant beta  text in the background making the whole gui harder to see.

What are the devs doing that's keeping them so busy from working on a flagship router?

I was keen to get the AX11000 but after the state of things at the moment I'm having second thoughts.

Firmware should be getting pushed out like hot cakes as it shows consumers how pro active the development team are in regards to their product and investment.

A couple of issues I like to see addressed in the next firmware:

1.Device priority ,router not correctly identifying device (game console,tv.phone,tablet) making it manually select this might fix the issue.

2.Bandwidth limiter,device bandwidth limiter,QOS database,QOS with more advanced features,game detection,deep packet inspection,prioritized device and packets prioritized.

3.Router LED colour change,personally I like to keep it red.

Options
2019-09-05 16:46:59

Same problem here.  This problem was already there when I buyed this router a year ago.  It took a while until I suspect this.  The speed drop by half after a few hour.  The only think to do is to restard the router.   I am using it primaly with wired connection and also to make speedtest.  I already change wireless setup to remove "Auto" feature without any success.  I also turn off Antivirus security option, setup QOS to "standard" and remove all priority, but the problem is still there.  As I see, the beta version of the firmware you provided do not seem to do anything.

Also I found that sometime I lost connection for a few second, enough to get disconnect from various services (ex. when playing multiplayer game).  I found that DHCP lease term is set at 120 minutes by default and this seems to occur when the lease is reactivated.  Since there is not any value to get rid of this forever, I put the maximum value of 2880 to be less impacted by this.

Finally, I setup an automatic reboot once a day to minimise the low speed problem, but it can occur during the day (only after a few hours).

As I see in the community and in many threads in this forum, every owner of this router (and for other similar models) have this drop speed problem for more than one year.  I think that people without any good knowledge didn't know that their router will go half-speed after a while.   This situation is so ridiculus... This must be resolved ASAP !!!

Because if not, I will have to post everywhere on the net to warn people not go get this router (and possibly any other router from your company ?).  For now, your dev support is awful for this case.

Thank you for reading this.  I hope you will get the right path to correct the situation.

Options
2019-09-05 17:01:38

Thanks for replying about your issue as the more people who report it sooner we will get official firmware,i recall a post where the lack of updates was officially put down to no issues being reported with current firmware.

We need the moderators and Tp-Link staff to forward all concerns to the development team,something tells me they are definitely working on something as it would be strange to just have a beta build.

Also i like to stress for dynamic QOS priority  and gaming this is the best product available however that doesn't mean it shouldn't be improve and have speed issues fixed.

Communication is a two way thing so any comment from someone in the TP-Link team is much appreciated.

Options
2019-09-07 23:19:45

I'd just like to know that the issue is being worked on. I can live with it for now but if there's no word I'll start looking for an alternative product that can give me the speeds I'm paying for.

Options
2019-09-10 17:36:09

This will effectively be my last post on these forums,

There's absolutely zero communication or feedback regarding this £300 router,

I cant just sit by and idly hope that Archer will make the firmware as needed,so Today this got shipped back.

I've opted for the Asus GT AX11000 as a direct replacement and cant see myself going TP Link ever again.

Sorry TP Link,you could've done something real special with this incredible device but the state of it at the moment is terrible.

Regards

Gamer

Options
2019-09-21 03:48:32
Why doesn't this link work anymore? Where else can I get the beta firmware?
Options
Related Articles