HS105 units don't auto-reconnect after losing WiFi connection

Re:HS105 units don't auto-reconnect after losing WiFi connection
2019-07-12 00:23:48

Hi, to all in the forum. I have 2 HS105 and 2 HS103 the HS105 works fine, but I have this problem with my 2 HS103, for some reason some time they appear active in my IOS app and after some time they are grey, in grey I can ping them and receive answer but stay grey in the app. When they renew the WIFI connection they appear active again. Any idea? Do you have a firmware update for the HS103 the firmware version that they have is the 1.0.12.  The firmware the HS105 had is the 1.5.4

Thanks with any help

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:HS105 units don't auto-reconnect after losing WiFi connection
2019-08-02 00:29:25

I have the exact same problem with my 105’s.  I have eight of them and it started with only one losing connection every week or two, they another one started doing it, then another and another. Now after many months I had to reset all eight and I'm fed up with them. I called support and they tried to blame my router too, but I have several other devices from other makers and none of them have this problem ever. . I have 6 tplink wall switches and they don't have any problems either, it's ONLY the TPLINK 105’S.  I'm running newer firmware than you were 1.5.4.   So frustrated!

Options
2019-09-10 17:12:13

Sphere wrote

I have the exact same problem with my 105’s.  I have eight of them and it started with only one losing connection every week or two, they another one started doing it, then another and another. Now after many months I had to reset all eight and I'm fed up with them. I called support and they tried to blame my router too, but I have several other devices from other makers and none of them have this problem ever. . I have 6 tplink wall switches and they don't have any problems either, it's ONLY the TPLINK 105’S.  I'm running newer firmware than you were 1.5.4.   So frustrated!

Same problem. I have 9 of them  (LB100) and they all worked fine w/ out any problem for like 6 months or so. Now one stopped connecting even after reboot, and reset (5 on/off) and just would not freking connect at all where others bulbs next to it showing -58dBm strengh in the same light fixure. There is nothing wrong w/ router or signal strength ... now an another one even closer to the router with ~-50dBm strenght flat wont connect. Seem like they are going one by one. I am really sick of often fiddling with supposedly 'smart bulbs'!

Options
2019-09-24 15:23:26
I have the same issue. Now it is two of my units. One is 10 feet from my Asus router. All have static IPs.
Options
Re:HS105 units don't auto-reconnect after losing WiFi connection
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Ahhh, I should read this topic before buying this stupid plug. I using 3 cheap chinese plugs and never got such a problem like this but My HS105 unable to connect to home wifi again even I tried to reset and reconnect many times

Options