NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-29 01:04:17

First post, and it's a complaint/problem - sorry!

I recently bought an NC450 security camera and am over the moon with it. The features are useful, the images are crystal clear, and the controls are pretty decent as far as home security cameras go.

As a sensible, IT-savvy guy, I went about making sure that the firmware of my camera was up to date. I upgraded to the latest firmware [NC450v2 version 1.5.0 Build 181022 Rel.3A033D] and suddenly the image has become 'flipped' to a mirror image. Frustratingly, the controls now available to me are similar but *not the same* as the ones in the previous version. Where, as in the past, I could rotate and flip the image from the camera using the tools available underneath the live image, I can now only rotate - not flip. I have searched everywhere in the app/website/applet for a 'flip' control to no avail. (I have used the Android app, and Chrome/Firefox/Edge browsers.)

Can you please verify that this control has accidentally been omited? And, if so, please put it back in the next update? :)

You can see a screenshot of the new 'rotate' control, which replaces the former rotate & flip control of the previous firmware:

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzjjtw3f88cbfum/Screenshot%202018-12-29%20-%20TP-Link%20firmware%20issue.jpg)

So many pies - so few fingers!
Options
10 Reply
Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-01-16 23:27:47

@Freerunner 

Sorry about a delay in responding to your post.  We have not had the NC450 avaialble in the US for a bout a year and the changes that have been made to it are a little foriegn to our support team.  As a result I have reached out to a software engineer to provide you with an thorough answer.  As soon as i have that i will update you here.

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support 

Options
Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-01-18 17:38:39

@Freerunner 

So i have an answer for you.  In app version 1.3.0 they combined the flip and mirror buttons into a single "rotate" button.  So using this button should help rotate the video to the correct orrentation.  Sorry for the confusion but I hope this clears up the concern.

Best Regards 

Carl

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-04-25 16:47:50

Sorry, I think the button does not work. When I click the button, the image is mirror. I cannot turn the upside down image to correct direction.

My firmware is 1.5.0 version

Options
2019-04-26 10:05:00

I can confirm the same problem on a NC220 with the latest firmware, the rotate button skips one of the horizontal positions so it deosn't work as expected, in this case the image is already flipped and cannot be set back to non-flipped.

Options
Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-04-30 18:44:18 - last edited 2019-04-30 18:46:53

@sgor 

Can you send a screen capture of what you are seeing so i can have our app team look into this? Please make sure any personal infromation is not showing in the capture if it is then send it to ussupportteam@tp-link.com

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-04-30 18:46:33

@lam

You too please.  Can you send a screen capture of the issue.  Please make sure any personal infromation is not showing in the capture if it is then send it to ussupportteam@tp-link.com 

Thank you 

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-06-02 21:06:38 - last edited 2019-06-02 21:10:01

It's not something that I can send you in captures, as I would need a video. I could provide video if needed, it happens from time to time and happened again today to me, didn't answer before because I wasn't notified by mail of having an answer here. Say you have a "V" variable for vertical flip and "H" for horizontal flip, when I press the "rotate" icon and this bug is ongoing only V is flipped while H remains stuck, most of the time (sometimes it flips both H and V together), so if I'm seeing the camera flipped horizontally as is my case, I try to crrect it with the rotate button and it performs both a only a V, so it doesn't allow me ever to go back to "normal", or I can see it only one frame with V flipped and the next frame it also flips H, it essentially skips/merges flips. The most important thing I can see is that this seems to be related to when the camera "flips itself horizontally" for some reason, nobody doing it on purpose because of course it makes the movement detection useless. I can't see any trigger fir it happening, it just happens for no reason from time to time, It's ok and then after months of being ok and nobody touching anything it becomes horizontally flipped. In my case it only happens on one camera (I have many NC200, NC220 and NC450), and never before upgrading to v1.3.0.

EDIT: I just checked the system log, it says "VideoControl WARNING Mirror expected 0, but read 16" and after it "VideoControl ERROR Failed to set flip status to 0.". It seems to be a integer bug related to the flip status or something close to it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-06-07 00:27:29

@sgor 

Thank you.  Yes please provide a screencapture (video) if possible.  This way we can send the error you provided and the clip to our software team to investigate, 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - Control missing in latest firmware/Apps - cannot flip mirror image!
2019-06-07 20:51:36
Whenever the error happens again I'll try to capture it, anyway all you are going to see is the rotation button misbehaving as previously explained, being incapable of reaching certain orientations after clicking so I (as a developer myself) don't consider the video strictly necessary. The errors on the log I copied should get you closer to the root of the problem. Keep in mind that I currenly have around 10 cameras (nc200, nc220 and nc450) and it only happens on one nc220 upgraded to the latest firmware, and only that camera spontaneously switches to a mirrored image (messing all the motion detection grid selections) and, once mirrored by itself, I have problems returning it to default even after a reboot, what makes me believe that whichever value gets corrupted it's stored as well. That won't come up on video, and it doesn't look to be a hardware problem either. I believe enough information to attempt to track and fix the bug was provided already, while I also understand it probably won't be easy to replicate and fix unless something very obvious is found on the source code.
Options
2020-09-01 12:38:45

@Freerunner 

Hallo I repaired it by trick.

I installed on mobile phone tpCamera application.

In this application I have executed rotation (also there are no flip) but screen automatically reversed also horizontally and looks now right.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2574

Replies: 10