Smart plug mini setup help please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-01 22:09:48 - last edited 2019-11-06 16:02:05

Model : HD34BX  Hardware Version : unknown  Firmware Version : unknown
I have downloaded and installed the Kasa Smart for mobile, and go to add device.  I have plugged in the smart plug mini, get the flashing blue/orange light which the app asks for, but once the app has finished searching it tells me, "Unable to connect to your smart plug wi-fi".  I have tried several outlets and have had my phone inches away from with the blue/orange flashing light and blue flashing only, and it has never found it.  Any ideas?  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug mini setup help please
2019-01-03 21:55:36

Do a complete factory reset on the device by holding the reset button for 15 seconds. Try to see if you are able to connect to the smart plugs Wi-Fi. The phone will show that there is no internet, but it should connect at least. If it does, go back into Kasa and try to add the plug again. If you happen to have another smart phone, try to set up the plug with it. One other thing is to make sure your phone is not utliizing any VPN connections.

Options
Re:Re:Smart plug mini setup help please
2019-01-04 00:23:12

Did a complete reset as suggested.  Tried on a different phone.  Neither of the phones use any vpn connections.  Still same result all around.  I have given up and will be returning the plugs.  Thanks for your response.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart plug mini setup help please
2019-01-22 18:52:48

@Ark 

Go to your phone's wifi setting where you select a wifi network and see if you see the plug's default network name.  If you do connect to it and then go to the Kasa App to complete the innstall.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4602

Replies: 3