When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-07 17:24:33 - last edited 2019-01-07 17:26:00

Hello, 

As the title states, if somebody comes to my porch, I'll get the alert pretty much instantly. However, when I click on the "watch live" link, it says the camera is busy and to try again later. After the motion is over, I can then access the camera. 

This, literally, makes it useless for a porch camera with two-way audio. 

I believe it's because the camera is 'busy' recording or processing or something, and it blocks you out.... 

Regardless, this is a HUGE flaw that I would like to be able to have solved.... 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks! 

Options
12 Reply
Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-09 16:37:30 - last edited 2019-01-09 16:40:10

Hello,

Tapping the "Watch Live" button beneath a clip that is still in the recording stage should immediately bring you to the camera's Live View screen, regardless of whether the clip has finished recording. Please ensure you're specifically tapping the "Watch Live" button, and not accidentally tapping the video thumbail. Tapping the thumbnail will prompt the app to play the recorded clip, which in this case isn't done recording.

We also recommend ensuring your Kasa Smart app is fully up to date, and that the KC200's firmware is also updated. Checking for and applying firmware updates for your Kasa Smart devices can be performed from Home -> Settings -> Firmware within the Kasa Smart app.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty after the above suggestions, please let us know.

Thank you,
Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-09 20:47:49

Hello, 

Everytime I get motion detection, when I click on the WATCH LIVE Button from the app, widget, or pop up notification, I get these errors. 

This morning I removed and reinstalled the app and it worked once. After that it started doing the same thing again

Options
Re:Re:Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-10 01:16:31

More info.... The issues are with the android app on my Google pixel 3XL. There are no issues at all when using the app on my iPhone. I can tap in live at any time 

Here are screenshots with info from my android version 

Options
Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-11 00:08:48

@KillerQ 

Thank you for providing these additional details and screenshots. Just to clarify, the issue is only occurring on your Android device, is that correct?

If so, has this issue been present on the Android device since you first installed the camera, or did it manifest at a later time?

Thank you for your cooperation while we work toward a solution so you can enjoy worry-free and seamless use of your Kasa Cams on both of your smartphones.

Regards,

Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-11 01:43:12

Ryan, 

Yes, this is only an issue on the Android Device. The iPhone works great. 

It has been this way always in Android. 

Options
2019-01-11 01:48:40

Ryan, 

I Check this post every hour for your responses, so if you're able and willing to escalate this to your lead tech people, I'll ready and willing to help! 

Options
2019-01-11 16:55:48

@KillerQ 

Thank you for your continued patience. I've reached out to the appropriate team regarding your unusual issue, and look forward to helping provide a solution.

Regards,

Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options
2019-01-11 17:32:41

Thank you 

Options
Re:Re:Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-14 03:10:31 - last edited 2019-01-14 03:11:38

So, it looks like the live view while someone is triggering motion ONLY works ONE time after I reinstall and turn off hardware acceleration.

It won't work again ever unless I reinstall. 

Once the first motion is detected, it basically ruins the app. 

After the person leaves, I can eventually watch it live when I want.... But NEVER while someone or something is moving in the frame 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:When motion is detected, I can't access the KC200 camera to watch live until it's done recording.
2019-01-16 16:11:43

This is the response I get every single day form email support from tp link. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3946

Replies: 12