HS210 3 way switch constantly disconnects from wifi every day or two

2019-01-09 05:48:43

I have 4 of these installed and on one particular switch I find it blinking green amber and not connected to the wifi network every day or 2. Really annoying to have to reconfigure it all the time. I updated to latest firmware and also tried connecting to a different router and it gives the same problem

Any ideas?

Options
3 Replies
Re:HS210 3 way switch constantly disconnects from wifi every day or two
2019-01-09 17:20:17

Hi,

If you're experiencing occasional network drops on the device(s), we first recommend checking its signal strength within the Kasa Smart app. To do so, please select the device from the devices menu, then tap its Device Settings menu icon (top-right), and scroll down to the signal strength area. Ideally, the reading should be no less than -70dBm.

If the signal is within the ideal range and you're still experiencing these symptoms, please ensure your Kasa Smart app is up to date, then check for, and apply any availble firmware updates using the steps in our FAQ here.

Bear in mind the HS210 connects via 2.4GHz WiFi, which in some environments can be severely congested, leading to less than ideal reliability for devices using this band. To help remedy 2.4GHz WiFi congestion, we recommend adjusting the 2.4GHz WiFi channel setting on your router to select a channel that is least congested in your area. You can typically determine which channels are the most congested by using a common WiFi analyzer app on your smartphone.

Regards,

Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:Re:HS210 3 way switch constantly disconnects from wifi every day or two
2019-01-09 19:11:06

Thanks

this switch has -56 as the strength.

and it is the closest switch to my router compared to the other 3 that dont lose connectivity.

I'll try the wifi analyzer app. other than that any other ideas?

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS210 3 way switch constantly disconnects from wifi every day or two
2019-01-09 23:28:28

@kenfused 

That signal reading sounds just fine. If you have other HS210 units in the home, that are further from the router than the unit in question, and they aren't exhibiting these symptoms, we would still recommend adjusting your router's 2.4GHz WiFi channel settings and monitor for improvement.

However, if the symptoms persist, even after you've updated the device's firmware and tried another router, we would recommend contacting our Support Team directly using one of the options here to verify warranty eligibility. Your HS210 comes with a 2-year warranty, and our support agents would be more than happy to help you.

Regards,

Ryan | TP-Link Support

Options