Unable to Access tplinkplc.net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-11 17:43:13

I have a AV500 "kit" (USA V1) which consists of a TL-PA4010 and a TL-WPA4220 wifi extender.  I set this up a couple of years ago and somehow managed to change the default SSID.  

I'm trying to access where this is done and I'm having zero luck.  There is no "globe" (internet) icon in the tpPLC utility to select.  I've connected a Win 10 laptop directly to the wifi signal being generated by the TP-Link extender.  I am definitely not connected to the SSID from my main router.

I simply cannot get access tplinkplc.net.  It repeatedly says "It looks like you may have run into an issue."

So in summary, with a laptop connected via wifi to the TP-WPA4220 extender, I cannot access tplinkplc.net nor is there a “globe” icon available to click-on in the tpPLC utility.

I have done a reset of both the TL-PA4010 and the TL-WPA4220. It is now broadcasting the default SSID and this has made no difference.

I also have the tpPLC utility installed on a desktop which is connected via ethernet cable to the main router. The main router is connected by Ethernet to the TL-PA4010 and I have the same results with this machine.

Everything is Windows 10 PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to Access tplinkplc.net
2019-01-11 23:44:51

WIth the TL-WPA4220 KIT, use the older utility as that will help you log into the device and configure the wireless settings on your computer.

Download the Powerline Scan Utility here (Works on Win10): https://static.tp-link.com/TL-WPA4226_V1_Utility.zip

Extract the file, and run the utility. Now follow this guide from Step 2: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-398.html

The guide will show you how to change your wireless settings.

Options
Re:Re:Unable to Access tplinkplc.net
2019-01-12 13:59:12

Tony wrote

WIth the TL-WPA4220 KIT, use the older utility as that will help you log into the device and configure the wireless settings on your computer.

Download the Powerline Scan Utility here (Works on Win10): https://static.tp-link.com/TL-WPA4226_V1_Utility.zip

Extract the file, and run the utility. Now follow this guide from Step 2: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-398.html

The guide will show you how to change your wireless settings.

Thank you!  The linked-to utility worked on the laptop that's connected to the TP Link extender via wifi.  It doesn't work on the desktop that's connected via Ethernet cable. 

But no matter. As long as I can gain access via wifi, I'm fine.  I apprecaite the help.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to Access tplinkplc.net
2019-01-15 00:04:19

@Gover Great to hear you eventually got things working, you are very welcome.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to Access tplinkplc.net
2021-02-09 16:46:39

@Tony I have the same issue with a TL-WPA7510(US) Ver:2.8 but the application I downloaded "TP-Link\TP-Link PLC Utility\tpPLC.exe" does nothing, see nothing, what can I do?

Options
2021-03-03 19:58:30

@Tony 

I have the exact same issue as the original poster but with v1.2 UK.

When I follow the steps you have suggested, I get a page saying 'login incorrect' on 192.168.0.10despite not actually being asked to enter one.

Anything you can suggest to help me?

Options
2021-06-19 10:33:58

@Tony hi

Options
2021-06-19 10:34:53

Hi I can't open TP Link LPC.net on my phone or laptop any ideas what to do Rueter connected to the device successful@Arias1314 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 19555

Replies: 7

Related Articles