Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection
2021-06-02 15:43:19

@ThisIsHard 

I see you are registered in Pakistan.  If that is where you are located I don't have driver information you as this particular community is ran by the US team and I only have access to US software.  I did look for a local site in Pakistan to see if I could find a driver for you but I was not able to find one.  What i would recommend is for you to contact our global support team and let them know what issues you are having.  Be sure to let them know which product you have, what firmware it is on and where you are located so that they provide you with the most up to date information for the product in your region. 

To contact Global support use the email address:  Support@tp-link.com

Options
2021-06-03 02:38:45

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

@PleaseHelpMe 

Options
2021-06-04 17:43:33

@Carl 

Thank you for the help. 

Options
2021-06-12 14:50:52

@Florant I am trying to connect my extender to a Roku tv where my wifi signal is weak. The router is saying no internet however it says the wifi signal is excellent. What am I doing wrong.

Options
2021-06-15 03:36:35

Go for loose connections or plugins checking. Reboot your PC, modem, computer, laptop, extender, and router and verify if it fixes the issue or not. how to control your husband tips in hindi

Options
2021-06-16 15:26:26

@Carl 

I'm having the same problem with my TL-WA850RE. I have already reset it and my phone keeps saying there isn't internet available (it has been like that since after 2 days the extender arrived at my house). I'm almost giving my hopes up and going to ask for a refund because it doesn't matter what I do, the extender won't work (I'm literally sitting right next to it and my computer also says there's no internet available).

Options
2021-06-16 15:46:14

@Lu_DAngelo 

What lights are lit on the extender?  

Options
2021-06-18 18:12:22

@PleaseHelpMe What do I need to do to finish. Mr router is a ZYXEL model EMG6726-B10A

Options
Re:Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection-Solution
2021-08-02 17:55:55 - last edited 2021-08-02 17:56:08

Hello Everyone. 

This thread seems to be quite popular and does get a lot of activity each week.  Please note that If a range extender is connected but not providing internet the concern is usually in the router.  Typcially this happens if one of the following are true:

1.  You put in the wrong password for the host network.   The extender may coplete the install but the connection is not really established.  Check the User Guide for your extender and make sure the light status of your extender matches normal operation for your model.  For example for the TL-WA850RE the RE light should be lit.  For the RE450 the Ring around the RE button should be blue.  If this status is not correct please check the password, reset the extender and try to complete install again.

2.  Your router has MAC flitering or Access Control enabled.  Both concerns have the same outcome a device being blocked.  This could be that an ACL is blocking the MAC address of the extender from connecting or that You are flitering Client devices by MAC.  When a client device connects to the extender the Header of the MAC is changed to that of the extender.  This is to ensure more complete compatiblity with Clients and routers with the extender.  You will want to make sure if using a ACL or access control list that the MAC of the Extender is set to allow or on the white list.  The same goes for MAC filtering.  If you are using a White or Black list make sure the Extended MAC is also on the list.  

If this does not help please contact support directly at support.usa@tp-link.com for US customers or support@tp-link.com for all other regions.   

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-08 23:37:48

@Carl 

Hey Carl, what is ACL?

Options