Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection
2021-10-01 16:45:33

@nnt_0410 Glad i could be of help. 

Options
2021-10-11 09:58:10

@PleaseHelpMe 

I bought a Tp Link Wifi Extender for my Tp link 1200 Router. I connected using tether app but after the end of setup, its saying Connection failed.

Please help. I need to extend my wifi to my whole house. I am working from home for my new projects on Winter Olympics (https://winterolympics.wiki/) and its all online works. 

Options
2021-10-18 17:24:08
Options
2021-10-20 00:07:25

@Carl Im sorry you guys but there are too many issues with you app I have an archer20 and an extender none of them work no matter why I do,I managed to connect the extender somehow but when I unplug it from the socket it does not work so I have to configure it again and again for 20 times of faliure inbetween,please do some updates on the app or bring back the ip configuration because that does not work either 

Options
2021-10-20 17:02:13

@bbbyu 

You don't have to use the app for configuring either device.  Its just one method that is avialable.  The extender can be linked via WPS or using the Web management as well.  for the router you can use the Web URL.  

extender:  tplinkrepeater.net

router:  tplinkwifi.net 

Options
2021-12-09 08:03:53

@PleaseHelpMe 

I found a cure for me, and thought I would leave this here in case is helps someone,

I have a TP Link RE505X wifi extender with the same issue, Extender connected to Router wifi OK, phone would connect to extender wifi OK, but i would get the message "connected, no internet"

What Carl said about Access Control and MAC filter didn't help me, I disabled both at my router and it still didn't work.

What Carl said in point #2 of his original message to check your IP address is what worked for me however I had no idea how to do this in the TP link extender settings,

This TP link FAQ had the answer:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2965/

I used Method 1.

You can do this with the tether app but it is much more difficult as the settings are hidden in weird places in the app,

It is much easier to use an internet browser on your laptop or phone and do it in the web browser using these instructions: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1398/ and use Method 2. You may need to reset your Extender to defaults by using a paper clip or pin to push in the reset button for ten seconds so you can access the Extender via 192.168.0.254 in a web browser.

Basically Extender IP, Router IP, gateway IP and DNS IP are a nightmare and these articles help get the right numbers in the right places,

My Extender worked on automatic settings for about a month, before some weird IP conflict came out of nowhere, maybe the router reset overnight, not sure.

The manual IP settings in the above articles were the only cure for me.

And once all the IP settings were correct, I turned on Access Control restrictions on both the router and the extender and everything still worked.

Hope this helps

Options
2021-12-21 10:31:16

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

@PleaseHelpMe 

Options
2021-12-28 14:02:44 - last edited 2021-12-28 14:04:57

@PleaseHelpMe Use tplinkrepeater.net and configure for 5gext for maximum speed. Main thing is plug the extender in middle of your Modem and Room.

Regards

Mary

https://oscars.wiki/

Options
2022-02-02 19:44:37

@Kayaker2583 

i use spectrum and my range finder will not connect to my router. did you ever have any luck getting it to work or did you buy a diffferent device?

Options
2022-02-11 03:38:23

@PleaseHelpMe Worst Product ive ever bought well done Tp-Link.  TP-Link AC1750 WiFi are a defective product the no internet connection has remain unresolved for over two years now. I advise people to get their money back then troubleshoot a device that doesn't even do its primary purpose.

Options