Looking for AP option that allows me to connect back to main router via Ethernet (not wireless)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Looking for AP option that allows me to connect back to main router via Ethernet (not wireless)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-20 14:07:34

Hi,

This may be a simple process and I'm over-thinking the setup, but wanted to see...

So, we've got a Archer7 as our main router and have tried various other range extenders, both from TP Link and other vendors (Apple, Netgear, etc) and all seem to have one common problem in some areas, the wifi signal is too weak for the connection between the A7 and the other device to reach all areas.  

So, we've decided to have an Ethernet cable run from the A7 to the far area and then place a device there that can broadcast the same SAID as the A7.  

Is there any sort of TP Link device that'd let me do this - connect it back via Ethernet and at the same time, rebroadcast the same SAID?  

Anyone do this before, any other suggestions?  

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Options
2 Reply
Re:Looking for AP option that allows me to connect back to main router via Ethernet (not wireless)
2019-01-21 21:15:16

@CBP1200 What you can do is to get one of our range extenders that are able to be configured as a Access Point. For example, the RE450 can set to AP mode so you would run a Ethernet cable from the A7 to the RE450. You can then configure the wireless network and passwords for both bands on the extender.

Here is a FAQ that shows you how it is done: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1401.html

Options
Re:Re:Looking for AP option that allows me to connect back to main router via Ethernet (not wireless)
2019-01-27 14:56:21

Thanks Tony!  I'll try that out.  

Just seems like this should get past the signal issue.

-Chris

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1226

Replies: 2