Help! Newbie has offended my new EAP225-Outdoor AP, and now it won't even talk to me.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help! Newbie has offended my new EAP225-Outdoor AP, and now it won't even talk to me.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-25 03:29:55 - last edited 2019-06-05 20:30:10

Newbie here, at least to this forum.  Actually I retired from the tech industry after 39 years, so I've already checked to see if it's plugged in, thank you very much!   At home, I have a bunch of smart plugs, switches and bulbs, all from TP-Link. I really like them, so when I was asked to drive 1000 miles to a small church, in a small town, to help set up outdoor wifi access to the parking area, I figured I'd go with TP-Link. 

Okay,the back-story.  This county (Refugio) was hammered by hurricane Harvey 16 months ago, and they are stil less than 1/2 way recovered.  This church hosts a Volunteer Reception Center, with limited RV parking in the back lot.  I am supposed to extend their internet from an office 120 feet into the church building, and into wifi for the volunteers.  So far, I've purchased a EAP225-Outdoor AP, And ran a 150' Cat6 cable from the POE adapter in the office, to the back wall of the building, where I mounted it at the edge of the roof line.  Both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks were instantly up and available, even though I hadn't even gotten in to configure the ID's and Passwords.  First problem, the URL that was in the instructions (http://tplinkeap.net) was a non-starter.  No response.  WIth help from support, I found that I could connect using http://192.168.1.253, and I was able to configure names and passwords for the two networks.  So far, So good.  Then I had the brilliant idea to check for new firmware, which was available, so I downloaded it, connected my laptop via the Ethernet cable, and installed the new firmware.  Again, seemed to work fine.  After the install, I was able to acces the interface, and noticed a lot of new stuff, including "guest" logins, and bandwidth limiting.  This made me happy, since the internet here is Uverse and maxes out at about 5.5 mbs.  So I made a couple of test changes, logged out, and disconnected my Ethernet cable.  Since that time, I have been totally unable to access the management interface.  Regardless of what device I use, I get no access using either the URL or the IP address.  I re-ran the utility and it told me the address as the same, but I'm not able to get in.  Both networks are working fine now, but I can't drive back to Atlanta and leave these folks with a network they can't manage.  There's no way to even change the passwords.   So, any help with the management page?  Any info on Guest logins and bandwidth limiting?  I'm running out of time here.  Thanks in Advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help! Newbie has offended my new EAP225-Outdoor AP, and now it won't even talk to me.
2019-01-25 17:05:45 - last edited 2019-06-05 20:30:10

@Oldguy Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Here is where I would recommend posting your question as this forum is for SOHO products, not SMB: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/1?page=1

They should be able to help you over there.

Options
Re:Help! Newbie has offended my new EAP225-Outdoor AP, and now it won't even talk to me.
2019-05-28 19:48:52 - last edited 2019-06-05 20:30:10
I have purchased the same equipment, and am trying to do the same thing up in Meredith Colorado, how did you correct the issue?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 2