AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter T4U V2 disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-26 05:22:00

worst product to buy damn thing disconnects on 5ghz or i get slow speeds fix ur damn drivers your drivers are 2 years old whne do u plan on fixing them windows 10 drivers needs updateing

Options
6 Reply
Re:AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter T4U V2 disconnects
2019-01-28 15:09:40

@bear729 

Driver updates are dependent on the Chipset maker.  Once they have confrimed a chipset is compatible with the newest version of an OS they will send it to our development team and we will release a new driver using our installer and any modifcations we may need to add.  Also Driver support is dependent on if a product is still in development or not.  After a product is EOL it only receives driver support for a short time.  I also took the extra step to see if the chipset make has a newer windows 10 driver and this is what i found.  The current driver they have is from September of 2018.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812au-software

Best Regards

Options
Re:Re:AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter T4U V2 disconnects
2019-01-29 17:43:57

@bear729 

I did get confrimation that the T4U V2 is not likely to get future updates to the dirvers as the product is older and already end of life. However, our software team did confrim that the V3 drivers which are still getting updates will work on the V2 as well.  You can find those drivers here:  https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-T4U.html#Driver

Best Regards 

Options
2019-07-20 20:52:05

I'm no expert, but I was suffering with intermittent connection on my T4U too. I was suffering outages every 45-60 seconds upon connection. 

The process mentioned below is something I have tried and fiddled with and seem to be getting a consistent level of connection with acceptable download speeds. Go to 

Device Manager > network adapters > (right click your device) > properties > advanced. Scroll down to WiFi config, set the value to WiFi (mine was set to performance). One below should be wireless mode, I have that set to auto. 

I've also gone to the power management tab on there and unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

So far so good for me, coming from the person who took the dongle and hurled it across the room before I fiddled with the settings. 

If you are using a laptop, make sure your power plan isn't messing with USB power at any point as that appears to be a culprit too. 

Best 

Jake

bear729 wrote

worst product to buy damn thing disconnects on 5ghz or i get slow speeds fix ur damn drivers your drivers are 2 years old whne do u plan on fixing them windows 10 drivers needs updateing

Options
2019-11-17 08:44:50

@bear729 yea man this T4U v2 is pure trash, tp link should take responsible to get us replaced.

Options
2021-02-02 20:33:49

@JerryLoh98 

JerryLoh98 wrote

@bear729 yea man this T4U v2 is pure trash, tp link should take responsible to get us replaced.

Windows 10 appears to enforce it's own (unreliable) driver instead of using the TP-Link provided driver, and this is what is causing the adapter to disconnect from 5GHz networks.

The solution provided at https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/153227?replyId=506056 resolved the issue for me.

Options
2021-07-22 00:16:22

@bear729 

Model AC1300 T4U V3

I had the same problem, and the TP manufacturer changed the device, but the same problem occurred.
Of course, the driver used both the TP official version and Windows default, and the result was the same.
The peculiar thing is that the wireless connector(AX1500) also became stuck as the connection of T4U was cut off when accessing a specific web site, but the exact cause could not be found at that time.

This problem disappeared automatically after upgrading Windows 10 build from v1909 to 20H2, and there was no additional interruption.
Currently, the T4U installation driver uses the Windows built-in type, and the TP driver is not installed separately.

I think it has to do with the wireless bandwidth channel width that T4U is using, and I think it has to do with setting the wireless channel width of the 5Ghz repeater to 40Mhz to reduce the interference of the Logitech wireless keyboard (2.4Ghz), but I was wrong.

Simply put, after upgrading Windows, the T4U's Channel Width was forcibly set to 20Mhz, and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Upgrade Windows build to v20H2 or higher, and change the T4U driver to Windows one. (It will set Wireless Channel Width to 20Mhz)

Hope it works

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9054

Replies: 6