C3150 How Do You Configure a Condition Pool Entry

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-30 19:47:42

I have attempted to setup Condtion Pool entries so that I can group my Amazon devices together and my Roku devices together. I have reached the limit of the router for individual reservations, so I want to take these two large groups and handle them with a Condition Pool.

I don't really understand the fields for the Condition Pool. I tried the following for my Roku devices and similar for my Amazon Devices:

Facility: Roku

(This is just a personal choice name. Not sure if this needs to be something specific)

Vendor ID: 08:05:81

(I used the Vendor portion of one of the MAC addresses and also tried "Roku, Inc.". I have no idea what is supposed to be here.)

Start IP Address: 192.168.1.190

End IP Address:  192.168.1.199

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1          

Device Type: Unknown

Options
6 Reply
Re:C3150 How Do You Configure a Condition Pool Entry
2019-01-30 21:07:47

@Poorman65 

Here is a description of each entry:

Facility: Nickname for the device (ex. OS or Android Phone)
Vendor ID: Also referred to as Vendor Class Identifier or Vendor Idendification Code
Start IP Address: The start of the IP pool you want
End IP Address: The end of the IP pool you want
Device Type: Set the cagetory closest to the devices that will be connecting to the router
Add Option: The Add Option field is mainly used to configure the client with some control information and parameters that are not defined in the protocol. Test with Option 241 and test other values if needed.
Option Value: Set this to 20

The most important entry would be the Vendor ID. The Vendor ID for windows system version 2000 and above is: MSFT 5.0

So you would configure it like below:

In your case you will need to find what each devices vendor ID is (Amazon or Roku). If that is not easily found you may need to capture packets on your network and examine it to find the ID, an example is below:

Options
Re:Re:C3150 How Do You Configure a Condition Pool Entry
2019-01-31 04:40:01
Thanks for the info. I've tried to find them just by googling around a bit, but no luck so far. Not sure the best way to capture the packets. I researched a little, but nothing looks very easy that I've seen so far.
Options
Re:Re:Re:C3150 How Do You Configure a Condition Pool Entry
2019-01-31 20:16:55

@Poorman65 Ya, from a perspective of a SOHO router user this ventures to a complex area as far as networking. What I would probably do as a alternative is to statically assign an IP when configuring each device. It will take time, but only needs to be done once.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:C3150 How Do You Configure a Condition Pool Entry
2019-01-31 22:26:47
Hadn't thought of that.
Options
2020-11-01 15:59:58
https://udger.com/resources/mac-address-vendor-detail?name=roku_inc
Options
2021-12-13 07:28:48 - last edited 2021-12-13 07:58:29

Sorry to revive such and old thread but this is literally the first thing that comes if you google 'condition pool tp link' on google and I also have the same router as OP.

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to group all 'smart' things from the house (since they are from the same brand).

Based on MAC I found out that Tuya's Vendor ID from my devices are either 18350, 18077 or 16950. I tried with all of these and no deal.

i.e.: one of my attempts. I also tried with PC.

Using Wireshark I could trace the discover package but there is not an option 60. Am I missing something? Is it because it's labeled as Unicast? If so, is there any solution for this?

There's only 20 slots for address reservation, so I was hoping to use condition pool to avoid filling 2/3 of it with smart bulbs, IR blasters, etc. and I like to keep things organized.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8958

Replies: 6