LAN issues with Archer C2300?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-02 02:36:29

Hey there - curious if anyone had LAN issues when setting up their Archer C2300.  Specifically, if using more than one LAN port caused the router to lose internet connectivity altogether.  When I first set it up, the wi-fi upgrade was immediately apparent.  So, I went ahead and plugged in the two ethernet cables I had been using on my old router and then I immediately saw the internet icon turn red on the C2300 and all connectivity was gone.  When I just use one of the two cables there are no issues, but once the second one is in there it all craps out.

The two ethernet cables are used for 1) my hard-wired home network (ehternet jacks in the house), and 2) my DirecTV connection.

Anyone happen to know if this router simply doesn't support concurrent port usage (if so, why bother putting four back there)?

Haven't heard jack from "support" so any insights at all from the group here are greatly appreciated before I just cut bait and return it.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:LAN issues with Archer C2300?
2019-02-02 14:24:43
I have found that sometimes when I make changes on the router, I have to disconnect and reconnect in order to regain connectivity. Also, a modem reboot has helped at times.
-- There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. Frank Zappa
Options
Re:LAN issues with Archer C2300?
2019-02-04 17:51:18

@Irishdomer96 

Hi, Like @HyperPete said sometimes a simple reboot is needed.  There are a few things we would want to check to determine your the nature of the issue.

1.  Who is your ISP.  You mentioned DirectTV, so are you also using their parent service AT&T Uverse?  

2.  What is the make and model of your modem?  Do, you know if its a Gateway device or a standalone modem?

3.  When you set up the router did you clone the MAC address?

4.  Which port are you plugging your devices into?

Also you said support is not responding.  Please let me know how you reached out to them and i will investigate as to why.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1701

Replies: 2

Related Articles