Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-02 19:28:49

I had an Archer C2300 Hardware version 2.0 where this occurred, but that router appeared to be defective for other reasons.  I received and set up my replacement router (which is, unfortunately, hardware version 1.0) and it occurs with this one also. 

Instead of fast page loads as when it is off, it loads the window VERY slowly, sometimes over 30 seconds between clicks.  Often I get a warning that the page is unresponsive, and I am prompted to "recover the page" to proceed.  This does not help.

Has anyone any ideas as to why this occurs?  I have disabled IPV6 for now, but I am interested in knowing why this occurs and perhaps how to overcome it.  The problem occurs with Internet Explorer11.253.113763.0, Firefox Quantum 65.0 (64-bit), and Vivaldi 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (64-bit).  My OS is a pretty recent install of Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.292).  My wireless network card is a Realtek 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC with the latest Windows 10 drivers.

Also, it is interesting to note that the router-based speed test comes in much slower than the PC based speed test.  One of the results is obviously inaccurate.

Thank you.

-- There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. Frank Zappa
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive
2019-02-04 18:15:23

@HyperPete 

I'm sorry your still having issues even on your replacement.  What i am going to do is link this thread to a few of my local test engineers and see what they can do to assist.  should they need to interact with you for local testing i will provide them with your email address as well. 

I'll be in touch about this as soon as they have something 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive
2019-02-07 18:27:54

Thank you, Carl.  This is a minor issue.  I just won't use IPV6 at this time.

I appreciate your assistance!

-- There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. Frank Zappa
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive
2019-02-12 19:37:18

@HyperPete 

Our Engineers are comming back form the Spring Festival events and have asked a few follow up questions to help with this situation.  

1. HQ wants to know the IPv6 connection type and configuration of his router page and the IP address information of his test PC.
  2. Did this customer login the admin page through “tplinkwifi.net” or IPv4 address like “192.168.0.1”? Did both the two ways response low?
  3. Was this customer running any IPv6 multicast streams when it responded slow?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive
2019-02-18 23:40:50 - last edited 2019-02-19 00:24:54

1)  I will have to reconfigure in order to answer this first question.  I used the router to assign a  DHCP address to the workstation.

2) I tried both options, and both responded slowly.  No noticeable difference between the two.

3) No streams whatsoever.  I was home alone when I reconfigured and while other devices may have been connected to the network, everything was idle.

If you wish, I can video the screen before and after and upload the video so you may see for yourself.  I can also load fiddler again, or run a Wireshark capture.

Options
2019-02-21 02:10:06

Wow, notices are working now, but still no email notifications.

Here is a screenshot of IPV6 config.  I did NOT save / enable this, because it will make the interface unbearably slow.  This is the default, how it comes up when selected.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C2300 - Enabling IPV6 on router makes management console unresponsive
2019-02-21 02:11:58 - last edited 2019-02-21 02:12:26

Oh, also, now the router speed test matches Ookla. 288 down just now. :-)

Options
2019-02-26 01:52:38

@HyperPete 

Thank you for the update.  I will get this information over to our system engnieers to see if they need anything further.  Once i have word i will let you know 

Best Regards 

Options
2019-02-26 02:20:01

Thanks, Carl.

Options
2019-11-20 20:08:15
Hey Carl, It's been months. Any reply? I'm having issues with my router again - unable to login, so if I can ever gain access without doing a reset, I would like to re-enable IPV6. Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2903

Replies: 9