smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
smart plug
smart plug
2019-02-09 16:51:17

hi bought "NEW" Smart plugs over the internet and set some set Great but have 1 that does not work right out of box. After talking with your tech support on the phone and online have decided my smart home product choices going with the tp-brand has been a very poor choice, Not only was they unable to resolve my technical issue they were not interested in backing your product with warranty information. Had to dig deep into finding how to regerester my product to see if it was covered by warranty. To my Big Surprize the smart plugs i Bought "NEW" still in boxes and still wrapped from factory are out of warranty and not covered I guess Its amazing to be how they can go bad sitting on a self Maybe you neeed to put a sell by date on your product. When i do my reveiw on socail media "You tube, Face Book" Ill be sure to mention that detail so others can check out when product was made so the can see if warranty is still good. All this over a $15 plug..... Now my Issue is now the smart switches that i purchased at same time from Amazon with not let me regester them does not reconize S/N number... I know big shocker to me too have problems with the switches to....

Options
5 Reply
Re:smart plug
2019-02-11 19:14:08

@Artj636 

Art,  I reviewed your interaction with our chat agent and see the issue.  You bought your products from Mercari, which is basically a eBay like retailer.  Regardless if the product is listed as new in box, you would techincally be the 2nd owner.  Our warranty policy only covers the orginal owner of the product, regardless if they opened the item or not.  This is because with these items there is no quality control.  We have no way of knowing where the product was oringally purchased, if the orginal owner boxed up the unit and re-shrink wrapped it, there is just no way for us to ensure qualtiy in our product when being sold by an non-authroized party. 

For the same reason the product your purchased on Amazon we would need to verify the seller.   If it was shipped and sold by Amazon, Network Giant or Kasa Smart the product would be covered if not it would be a marketplace seller and again, considered 2nd hand goods.  If you email us at ussupportteam@tp-link.com with the serial numbers and proof of purchase from Amazon we can review and if the seller is authorized we will manually add the product to the warranty portal so you can register it and get a replacement.  

For more information on our Warranty you can review the policy here:  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/replacement-warranty/

Options
2019-02-20 05:42:40
I purchased my two plugs from walmart and there crap. Paid $40 bucks. Always disconnects. Signal is excellent, channel is not congested, firmware updated and ive been through 3 routers. Product is crap. My review for this product is to stay away from the brand. Your quality control is not good. Its to late for me to return this so im stuck with it unfortunately. Tp you owe allot of money to people for selling faulty units which is provened by the multiple bad post and future youtube post to come. I suggest you have your HS105 units pulled from all walmart and various stores world wide. Please keep your quality control under wraps.
Options
Re:Re:smart plug
2019-03-01 20:42:09

Yea i Guess that a good way of not wanting to stand behind what you sell. Just have to say though i finding alot of your products not working so hot and some of the reviews that i have been reading about them has me thinking i've made a poor choice chooseing your product line. I purchased from amozon your tp-link AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extended ( bought 4 0f them From amazon ) for $20 each and they work good with your app. but Alexa can't control them like it should or avertized on the box....But then again thats my fault for buying "New" second hand products from Amazon! Silly Me what was i thinking but be Assurd when I gave me Feed back to amazon that i mentioned and sent them a copy or your feed back and how they should'nt people that they deal with sell "New" second had products to there Prime Custumers. So thank you for your CUSTUMER service and I'll besure to let people know who they should by your products from.....Thank you

Options
2019-03-01 22:22:02

Just spend another Hour of my time trying to get a problem with my tp-link AC750 WI-FI Range Extender smart plugs resolve but with no resolution in site. Problem i Have is Alexa won't contol the smart plug  right was told that its not there problem basically i need to get in contact with amazon its a problem with Alexa. I guess my smart thinking on witch smart devices to Buy was'nt too Smart. 

Options
Re:Re:smart plug
2019-03-11 21:32:59

@Artj636 

There are a few things you need to check when using the smart plugs and seeing if the issue is on TP-Link's side or if its something to do with Alexa.  1. You need to make sure your products are running the latest firmware for the device.  2.  Make sure that both TP-Link's Kasa and Amazon's Alexa apps are fully updated as well.  3.  You will want to go into the settings of each device in the Kasa app and ensure "remote control" is enabled.  Without it the TP-Link Kasa service will not talk with Alexa and could be the cause of the issue you are having.  

If everything above checks out then the you would need to check if the plug can be controled remotely from the Kasa app.  Do this by disabling the wifi on your smartphone, ensure you are on LTE or by going onto a different network like at a friends or work and testing the remote function.  We generally request LTE when troubleshooting that way you can still be in front of the device to test.  If the control works while on LTE this will confrim the devices are working with remote control access.  This is how the Alexa devices work with the Kasa smart plugs and shows the devices are in working order.  

From this point we do generally send customers to the 3rd party device maker in this case Amazon to check their end of the connection and rule out issues.  This is mainly done because our agents only work on TP-Link Branded products and do not have training or authroization to assist with 3rd party devices. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1198

Replies: 5

Related Articles