whitelist and blacklist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

whitelist and blacklist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
whitelist and blacklist
whitelist and blacklist
2019-02-11 00:48:24

Is is possible to white list some domains and blacklist others?

Options
2 Reply
Re:whitelist and blacklist
2019-02-11 19:48:10

@LVach 

Actually that is exactly what the white list/black list does.   Depending on which one you are using you are either approving or denying the domains that you want or don't want, while all other domains are explicitly approved or denyed.  There is not a way to set a black list and a white list at the same time as it would be counter productive. 

If you are looking at User or device based filtering then we would recommend a product with Homecare such as the Archer C2300 or AX6000.  Homecare allows you to set user based restrictions.  These restrictions can be tied to all of the user's devices and is intially set by age apporiate content, but you can also add additional customer restirctions if you desire.  

Best Regards 

Options
Re:whitelist and blacklist
2022-01-07 05:33:27
Actually a whitelist is not counterproductive. Here is an example. I want to block social media. However, it automatically blocks Pintrest. I am okay with my child being on Pintrest. I would like to whitelist this website instead of having to delete the whole social media category and blacklist the 100's of other sites under social media. This is a huge hole in parental controls. It makes it far more complicated for parents to use. Add a white list along with your blacklist and allow for some grey area.
Options