Someone explain why the av2000 has two ethernet ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-11 20:53:33

I have an AV2000 with two ethernet ports. Last time I tried to use both simultaneously to connect two devices, it just didn't work? Is there a particular reason this device came with two ethernet ports if you can't use these adapers as a "switch"?

If you can use the adapter in this fashion, how do you get it to work? I can't seem to find information on this anywhere.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Someone explain why the av2000 has two ethernet ports
2019-02-11 21:00:49

@JawnTheZoz Assuming you are talking about the TL-PA9020 KIT. You would have one of the adapters wired to your router. You can still use the second port on that to receive a internet connection. The second adapter can have two devices wired to it. The two powerline adapters are just relay devices, they do not do any routing or give any IP addresses so if both do not work, either the adapters are not talking to each other or the Ethernet cable from the router is not providing a internet connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4307

Replies: 1