Deco m9 goes down constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-23 19:56:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hello 

My deco m9 plus goes down and the lights turn solid red on both on the main and the secondery unit. If im streaming video it happens 2-3 times per 10 minuts. 

It´s down for 30 sec then its up again. I can "force" the m9 to go down by doing a speedtest, either in the app or on a laptop that is connected to the network.

It goes down when the up speed is messured. I did´t have this problem with my old router.

Does any one have a sulution for this?

Best regards

Martin 

Options
24 Reply
Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2019-02-24 23:19:55

Thanks for posting this. I see the same thing on my Deco. I just connected hardwire to monitor and see if it happens when I'm wired to it. These DECO's were outstanding for a long while. I can't correlate against a firmware upgrade necessarily. Obviously something is going on. 

Options
2019-02-26 01:03:08

@Mhell @pdxsam 

We haven't heard of any particular issues like this with the Deco M9s.  We would like to collect a bit more informaiton.  

!.  Who is your ISP?

2. What WAN DNS address are configured on your Decos?  

3. How do you have the Homecare services configured?

4. When the issue happens do any other device stay connected or is it a complete loss of internet service network wide?

Options
Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2019-02-26 01:48:05

@Mhell @pdxsam 

one other question.  When did this issue begin to happen, and how often does it happen? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2019-03-02 18:42:31

Thanks for the reply. 

This started happening after the last firmware update. 

My ISP is Frontier Fios. I've had them check my ONT on prem and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. 

When the connection goes down, wired or wireless cannot ping the gateway.

DNS is set to the provider set during the DHCP connect with the ISP. 

The problem happens several times per hour.

As the other poster said it takes about 30ish seconds and the connection comes back. Feels like the unit is rebooting, based on the length. Sadly, there's no logging to look at so I can't give you more information than that. 

Thanks.

Options
2019-03-07 02:08:01

@Mhell @pdxsam 

If you are noticing the main Deco turning red, then it is complaining that it is not getting a internet connection. This would be similar to our routers internet light turning amber.

If the main Deco was still green and the statllite units went red, then that would be the main Deco failing to provide a IP address to the remote units. Swapping one of the remote units with the main would be the first thing to try.

However, if the main Deco is red too try to see if you can log into the modem and see if there are errors reported. Also contacting the ISP and letting them know to check your internet as the signal may be temporairly dropping.

Options
2019-03-10 01:47:03
"contacting the ISP and letting them know to check your internet as the signal may be temporairly dropping." as I said in my previous post, I already contacted the ISP.
Options
2019-03-11 22:37:03 - last edited 2019-03-11 22:38:13

@pdxsam 

I used to work on a support desk at Time Warner now Spectrum.  The level 1 techincans only check to see if service is getting to your house, they do not check for service or line issues that may affect how the service works.  Frontier Fios may be diffrent but its always best to ask them for a line tech or a level 2 technican to run a service line test to be sure. 

Best Regards 

Options
2019-08-07 11:58:50

Carl wrote

@Mhell @pdxsam 

We haven't heard of any particular issues like this with the Deco M9s.  We would like to collect a bit more informaiton.  

!.  Who is your ISP?

2. What WAN DNS address are configured on your Decos?  

3. How do you have the Homecare services configured?

4. When the issue happens do any other device stay connected or is it a complete loss of internet service network wide?

Now I'm having problems with the new mesh WiFi. Every 2 hours or so the mesh WiFi would keep on disconnecting with the router and I have to turn off the whole Maxis router and VPN router to get back online.

I'm in Malaysia. my ISP Maxis Fibre

My setup is

1. Maxis router default configuration 192.168.1.254

The Maxis router connects to Asus RT-AC68W

2. I have a Asus RT-AC68W, setup as a ExpressVPN router, on a different network segment. 192.168.21.1. Usually I set the WAN to automatic DHCP configuration and before this no problems at all. Restart once in a while, but not at often since I installed the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus. I tried to set WAN to static configuration as below

IP address - 192.168.1.75
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Default gateway - 192.168.1.254
Primary DNS - 192.168.1.254

The Asus router connects with TP-Link Deco M9 Plus

3. TP-Link Deco M9 Plus, 3 set. I set as router mode.

I tried to set automatic WAN via IPv4. But still get disconnecting every 2 hours or so. And I have to restart the whole system. 

I tried also manual WAN as below

IP address - 192.168.21.75
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Default gateway - 192.168.21.1
Primary DNS - 192.168.21.1

The LAN IP is 

Homecare service I turned on Antivirus, no Parental Controls are activated.

Any device connected to Deco network stays connected. Just no Internet connection. 

Any ideas what causing this problem? Every 2 hours the whole Deco M9 Plus system goes down. Status on iOS app, no Internet. 3 node shows RED light.

Options
2019-08-07 16:34:20

@Syarin 

I am afraid we won't be much help on this particular community. This forum is only for US customers.  For you community.tp-link.com/en  would be the forum you would want to post your concerns in.  That team will be able to help with Malaysia.

Options
2019-09-04 22:21:16

I've the same issue  (it goes down constantely)

When i'm checkin the firmware version in the android app, it's written firmware 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

i just saw that there's a newer version on TP-Link website M9Plus 2.0_en_1.2.10 Build 20190809 Rel. 54285_US_EU_JP_up

But the app refuses to donwload it

And it seems that there is a recent v.1.3.1 firmware how can i download it on my Deco M9Plus ?

Could you help me ?

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 16507

Replies: 24