Deco m9 goes down constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 goes down constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2019-09-22 12:33:03

@ericfr 

I have the same problem. I just bought my M9 yesterday. The connection keep dropping. Initially I thought it was due to the 2 Decos setting up and I tested with only 1 deco, the same situation returns. 

I did a power cycle, reboot, factory reset, and change the deco as main to test. Everytime it lasted 2 hours and connection will start to drop.

Calling the helpline doesnt help much, they push it off to response by email and never send that email despite me calling back.... the response was "the agents are busy to send you email now" I am just counting the hours and starting to calling it a lemon with lousy post sales support.

Hopefully there is some solution out there. Someone, anyone, please help

Options
2019-09-22 14:24:30
Try turn off Fast Roaming, It worked for me
Options
2019-09-28 06:42:18

@Syarin 

Hello, thank you for your answer.

But, it is not a solution, because I want to use this Fast Roaming feature.

I hope TP Link find a solution with an update soon.

my firwmare is also 1.2.8

Options
2019-10-08 21:41:38

@Chuck-XM 

Hi all, disabling the fast roaming is not a solution! I have exactly the same problem and I always had fast roaming disabled.

Options
2019-10-09 04:45:08

@americo.dias Thank you for this information 👍

TP Link, find a solution please, send a firmware update !

Options
2019-10-19 22:33:11 - last edited 2019-10-19 22:34:18

Hi all,

I actually owe an apology to TP-Link. I've found the issue that was affecting my network stability: I had a device with static IP configured to 192.168.68.2, which seems to be used by one of the mesh Deco M9 nodes. I was not aware of this because unlike M5 units with the 1.3.1 firmware, M9 units don't show up any IP information in the phone application. I was also not getting any error or warning message about IP conflicts. (This last part can be improved by TP-Link)

So, now that I have moved this static IP address to outside the rages of the mesh nodes, everything seems to be stable again.

Thanks,

Américo

Options
2020-03-18 08:46:19

I have the same issue.

In top of that it gets very hot.

Options
2020-05-11 18:30:48
They havent heard about this issue? What shell have they been living in? This is clearly a known issue with the deco m9 plus v1!!! Not sure if its hardware or software related, but it 100% has issues!
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-06-06 04:47:44

@Carl 

this is a really poor customer service response.

at least send the incident to the appropriate team

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-06-08 15:59:57

@h.. 

What response are you referring to?  The one where I asked for more information on the concerns being seen, or the one where I explained to a Maylasian customer they would need to post on a diffrent community for specific help in their region?  If its the request for more infromation I don't see your point on how that is poor customer service.  If its the reference post, then I could kind of see your point, however we can only transfer a whole thread to the other community, which we normally will do if the user is owner of the thread.  If they are mearly a replier or if the thread is long we will ask that they post on the correct community so that they can get the best possible assistance from us.

Options