Deco m9 goes down constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 goes down constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-06-11 15:44:36

Hi,

Basically I have the Deco M9 Plus (EU) Ver:2.0 devices now running firmware 1.2.13, I've had issues with stability of the Remote Unit, WiFi connectivity works perfectly for about 4-5 days, and then the systems drops all connectivity (but still shows Green Light light), but nothing can connect to it, if I reboot, it will restore connectivity but the problem will reoccur within 1-2 hours. If I unplug the unit for about half a day, its seems to resolve the issue, and again will work fine for 4-5 days. (My first thought was its an over heating issue).

Support did get me to switch the Master and Slave unit roles around (after my previous firmware update from 1.2.11), and surprisingly this does seem to have helped (system is a lot more stable), assume its some dodgy firmware setting. But firmware 1.2.13 does seem to be attempting to mask the disconnects, and usually need to check the units status in the Andoid App about once a day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-07-11 12:19:42

@Carl 

Hi I am also seeing this issue, and can only resolve it by rebooting my M9.

I am currrently on version 1.4.0 Build 20200324 Rel. 51287

Has TP been able to reproduce this issue?

It seems like many users are experiemncing the same problem which has been outstanding for over 6 months now.

Thanks

Options
Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-07-13 18:28:42

@garsmi 

I might not be able to provide you the best help.  Firmware can vary based on region and as you have the EU models you may want to reach out to the admins on our Global Community who are familar with EU versions of our equipment.  That community is community.tp-link.com/en.  I will forward this thread up to our Engineering team as you have provide some good details and see if they can provide any insight.  If i get anyhting back i will post it here.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 goes down constantly
2020-07-13 18:34:52

@Slimz 

Can you provide more details on what you are specifically experiancing and how.  Also please let me know what troubleshooting you have done.  As with the user above your reply i will take this and provide it to our engineering team.  also we need to know what hardware version you have.

Options