Deco M5 connection issues immediately after updating to 1.2.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 connection issues immediately after updating to 1.2.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 connection issues immediately after updating to 1.2.5
2019-03-11 21:07:14

CSEngineer wrote

Tony wrote

@CSEngineer I posted in your thread showing how you would do that

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/156129?page=1

I went through that nightmare and got the two "slave" units back rev'd to 1.2.4, now the question is the "Main Deco".  If I reset that one to Factory Defaults, am I going to lose all my configuration settings?  Numerous threads from these forums indicate I will.  Is there a way to Switch the main Deco unit, THEN wipe it?

@CSEngineer Yes, you can swap one of the satallite units with the main units, leave the main unit powered off. When the Deco comes online, the Deco app will indicate that the main unit is offline, and to either connect back the main Deco or designate a new main unit. In setting a new main Deco, you will be able to keep your configuration to work on the last Deco unit.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 connection issues immediately after updating to 1.2.5
2019-03-13 15:08:40

I got a Beta image from Support, and that also did not work.  But the tool included with the Beta image allowed for manual updates without reseting to defaults. I used the tool to flash all my Decos back to 1.2.4 and things are stable again.  I'm going to be much more cautious about upgrading in the future.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 connection issues immediately after updating to 1.2.5
2019-03-25 02:23:51

After flashing back to 1.2.4 everything is working so much better,.  My Xfinity 250 tier service which barely made it to 220 after 1.2.5 update is now constantly close to 300 meg (wired) as well as wireless.  Nothing was dropping out before downgrade just everything got slower.

It was a P.I.T.A. downgrading 4 units because I needed multiple router and Deco reboots each time but was worth it in the end,

Options