TL-PA9020 From Modem To Router & From Router To Another Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-11 11:31:43
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello I have an AV2000 Powerline kit that I'm currently using to connect my modem that's in one room to my router that's in a completely different room and so far it's worked fantstically for that purpose. But there's one room that gets horrible connection on my wifi 5.0 network. Since my router is only using one ethernet port on my TL-PA9020 to connect with the modem, can I use the second ethernet port to go from my router to Powerline WiFi range extender in the room with the poor 5.0 connection? All Powerline adapters including the WiFi range extender are all AV2 devices. I would imagine that it should work no problem. I just want to make sure there's no caveats to the different ethernet jacks on the TL-PA9020 that I'm not considering. I apologize if this has been addressed already, I did search for it. Thank you in advance for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020 From Modem To Router & From Router To Another Device
2019-03-11 19:19:30 - last edited 2019-03-11 19:20:10

@DIYShopTools With your TL-PA9020P being used to receive the modem internet, you would not want to wire anything else to it or else that newly wired device will take the internet connection. So you would not want to add another powerline device to your existing network.

What would work is if you install a range extender (non-powerline) or run a Ethernet cable from your router to the extender, and configure the extender as a access point.

A model that you can use is the RE200 which wil broadcast both a 2.4Ghz wireless signal and a 5Ghz wireless signal.

If you want to get the best speed possible, setting the extender as a access point would give that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1023

Replies: 1